We went to Brussels on Friday and that was nice. We left quite late because some people have a hard time to get up in the morning. But we had fun. The weather was perfect. Then Saturday and Sunday we went to Paris. Allen actually drove. Good thing we had Tom with us. Andre and Christi were kind enough again to lend us their TomTom. Yesterday, they came to Beaumont-Hamel to see me and get a tour. Today they are gone to Dover, England and will be back later on tonight so I have to write fast.
Yesterday at work, I was walking around with a black shoe and a brown shoe. Nobody told me and it took me awhile to realize that something was just not right. Then I realized that my fly was open. No I was not in the Visitor Centre so just the girls I work with noticed. So I said, oh my canteen is open. Well they never heard such a thing.
Next week I was suppose to babysit Zina and share her with Christi but today, I was asked to babysit Bob. He's another cat. Apparently Bob likes to meow alot. Well guess who's going to get dressed up. Zina is still the Princess but poor Bob can't stay alone for a week. Bob also doesn't like to be dressed, well Bob, here's news for you. I have my tetanos shot and I'm not afraid to play dress up so get ready, file those claws because you and I are going to have fun. Pictures will be posted, if the owner agrees, but I promise, no animals or humans will be hurt during the process.
Funny thing. I think my neighbours want to be like me. Must be because of all the parties I have....NOT. Maybe they want to be Canadian. Anyway, I bought a little carpet to put outside my door. One week later, one neighbour put a little carpet at his door too. Then Sunday, after we came home from Paris, my other neighbour had put a little carpet. I wonder if they'll give me gifts. I better go buy some extra gifts just in case they come with something. Now I have a little Christmas wreath on my door. Lets see if they will do the same. My tree is up, my stars are in the windows and Santa is leaving soon. He better put something under my tree. Dear Santa Allen, I've been good all year, so make the gift big. Size matters at Christmas. I have lots of space in Mirjam's room.
I finally got my ticket to go home. I leave here on Dec 13 and fly back on Dec 31. I hope they celebrate New Years on the plane. I'll be celebrating in every time zone. Might have to stay overnight in Paris. Oh Diane, don't make plans for the Spring. I would need you here for my Spring cleaning. Only kidding Diane. I miss my sister and Philippe too, and Kevin and Minime. Allen is here so I'll miss him next week. I miss everyone.
Here are a few pictures while we were in Brussels and Paris.
While in Brussels, everyone was walking around with beer and mugs attached to them so I wanted to know what was happening. So I met some nice people, we'll call them my friends now and they explained that one day a year, all the students at the university celebrate the founder of the university. One big party in the streets of Brussels. They wanted me to party with them but I had company so I couldn't go. They understood.
The Moulin Rouge in Paris. I love this part of Paris.
This is me at the Louvres holding the whatever you call it by my fingers. It was heavy but I managed.
The Mona Lisa. I was very surprised at this painting. I thought it would be much bigger and you can't get close to it. I was going to sneak under the ropes but I figured that Allen wouldn't be impressed. I think I have a better smile than her and my hands are nicer too but nobody wants to paint me. I'm much cheaper.
Now for my next blog, I will have A Day in the Life of Bird. Pictures from the time I get up to when I leave work. Hope you enjoy. Also pictures of my 70 euros hem.
Must go, I hear them coming.
Nice to have you back on line! Miss not hearing about your adventures every couple of days or so! Hi to Allen. I'm heading off to some sunshine down south this evening. Its raining today in Boston. Miss you lots. Looking forward to Christmas and your short return to Charlottetown.
ReplyDelete