Dear friends, today I was off so I went Christmas shopping. I was trying to find the perfect gifts for all of you but I couldn't quite find what I wanted. They don't have much here in France... so I guess you won't be getting anything for Christmas. However, if you should decide to get me something, I take a size 8 in shoes, preference black, no perfume as I shower every day so I don't need anything to camouflage the smell. My favorite color is pink, I love cats and Kraft Dinner. Feel free to put money in an envelope and send it. I take euros but any credit card with your PIN number will do. That is all. I don't need anything else. I did buy myself some decorations and as soon as November 11th is over, my decorations will go up. My branches that I brought from Germany and used for Halloween will also be used as my Christmas tree, as well as Valentine, St-Patrict and Easter. I will be the only one that will see it as I have no friends except André and Christi and a few others that I pay.
Today I went to Auchan, which is a big kind of upgraded Walmart with food. I wanted to buy fish but everything I looked at still had a head and the fish in a package, I couldn't pronouced the name so if I can't pronounce it, I don't buy it. So I ended up buying scallops that were the size of my nail of my little finger. The lady tricked me into buying them. She said, oh madame les petoncles sont tellement bonnes et pas chers et vous faites cuire ca avec de la sauce aux escargots. Buy these, they are so good and cheap. You cook them with snail sauce. Like I'm going to eat snail sauce. So I came home with my little bag of scallops and they looked ugly. I called Lise on Skype while I was looking at the scallops in the bowl. They had this little red ball attached to it and I had never seen any red balls on any scallops that I ever bought. Anyway, she was not there so she was no help. Lise, you have to be there for me when I'm cooking. You're my Julia Childs. I ended up frying them. They were very tasty. Talking about cooking, I just found out last week that my oven is a convection oven. Who knew. As you can see, I don't use it much. While I was explaining to the guides that my oven didn't have a bottom element but a fan on the side, they said, ah non-challantly (is that a word), it's a convection oven. Damn them, they know everything.
Well I met some incredible people at the ceremonies that we had at Beaumont-Hamel and Vimy. I wore a skirt and everyone told me I had nice legs. Well they didn't exactly tell me, I kind of asked, do you think I have nice legs. See I haven't worn a dress or skirt in at least 15 years. All the guides were wearing their skirts so I figured that it was only proper that I do the same. I think that they are fed up with me asking if I had nice legs. We are having more ceremonies on November 10 and 11th. Well I have to tell you that on November 11th, I will be laying a wreath on behalf of Canada at 2 ceremonies. I will wear my legs again but this time with my high heels. I'll try to make my country proud.
Then I called Claire to tell her to come back and visit. We talked about our trip. We still can't figure out how we ended up on the pedestrian streets so I think we are going to blame Berthe. I was sitting in the back and only have one eye, so it can't be me.
Tomorrow I am very excited. I am going to IKEA with my friends André and Christi. I think they feel guilty that I'm alone here so they drag me along. I'm not complaining. I get to hang out with a very cool couple. Everybody likes them. I'm jealous. OK I'm not jealous but I like them alot. I hope that they will come and visit me when I'm back on the Island. I would like everyone to meet them. I am off again tomorrow and Wednesday so I have to hit the stores again. I doubt very much that I'll find presents for you but I'll check to see if they have what I am looking for. I doesn't look good for you though.
Oh other great news, I will be babysitting Zina again in 2 weeks. Christi and I have shared custody. I already bought her a santa's hat but I can't tell Zina's mother even less her father. I don't want to take the chance of losing visiting rights. What they don't know, don't hurt.
Here's a few pictures of me with my legs. Ok the more I look at these pictures the more I hate them but I am having my hair done tomorrow, so that might help and my uniform is a size too big but my tights fit and the background is nice.
Enjoy your evening and it's time for bed for me.
Ha! Ha! Ha! Tu me fais rire ma petite soeur, en ce Jour du Souvenir ou ici, il pleut a boire debout. Merci pour ton soleil. Travailles pas trop dure et continue à nous faire parvenir le récit de tes aventures dans les vieux pays. Ah! oui, j'ai un cadeau de Noël pour toi, so shop hardy for me. Je t'aime longue distance.
ReplyDeleteton frère, Léofred