Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Nice relaxing day

Today was my day off and I did very little.  OK I did nothing.  I did manage to move from the couch to the table to check my messages and then went back to the couch for a nap.  I'm old enough to be a senior at Shoppers Drug Mart and seniors nap in the afternoon so I'm allowed.  Then at 5:00 I decided, oh I should go out and check out the town.  Well today is a French holiday - All Saints Day so nothing was opened except.............drum roll......................the Huit a Huit which as you know is now the Carrefour Express and is opened until 9:00.  Went in and the Assistant Manager said, oh I haven't seen you in a few days.  See they miss me.  Came home made myself supper.  Yes I cooked again.  I don't like what I'm becoming here, DOMESTICATED.  I must have napped too long and had a weak moment.  Anyway I made some porkchops with cream of mushroom soup that Berthe brought me and rice.  Yum yum, I had 2 plates and still some left for tomorrow's lunch. 

Our sheeps are leaving for the winter.  Mr. the shepherd man just got back from a big trip to China and came to see me last week.  I said, oh when did you get back and he said just an hour ago but I wanted to come and say hi to you.  Such a sweet man and smart.  I wonder if he knits and can make me socks this winter with the wool.  I should also ask him if I could shave a sheep.  I could become a barber in the army.  I must look into that. 

Well I'm pretty organized with my IPAD and laptop.  One is at one end of the table and the other at the other end.  This is why I now have to move from the couch to the loveseat to the table.  All this exercise is getting to be too much.  I must slow down. 

I talked to Philippe and Becky today.  Philippe is on crutches.  I guess he fell in Grand Pré over the week-end and now his foot is all blue.  He should go to Emergency.  Yes in Canada you are allowed to go to Emergency.  Good thing he's not here, he would need a doctor and if I was with him, they would probably escort us out.

Here are a few more pictures.

 Festival des Andouillettes.  This is the biggest bread I have ever seen.
 Christi was with me for the Festival. We had a little snack and a drink.  No I did not eat Andouillette and it won't be in this life.  Ugly looking thing.
This is the wedding that I got involved in when I got stuck in Amiens.  This is how close I was.  They just thought that I was part of the wedding.  Probably thought I was a long lost cousin.
 The spider in the room where the bellboy had to come up and kill it.  I was standing on the chair when he came in.  Ah just the tought of it....creepy.
 The hotel in Amiens where I stayed.  The guy went from 140 euros to 70 euros when I started crying.  Worked like a charm.  Of course seeing me with my wet clothes stuck to my body was not a pretty sight for anyone. 
 

This is Mirjam.  We were in Paris at a restaurant.  Isn't she pretty.

1 comment:

  1. Love this update with the pictures. Nice looking 'arraignée'.

    ReplyDelete