Thursday, 10 November 2011

Great day yesterday

A great day is determined on how you want to spend it.  Yesterday, I got up early and did pretty well nothing.  That is the start of a great day.  I had a hair appointment at 11:00 and it is just around the corner so it's not like I have to leave an hour before.  So I went and enjoyed every second of it.  I love somebody playing in my hair.  As a matter of fact, when I was young, Philippe, Diane and I would sit on the floor one in front of each other and I would play in Diane's hair, Diane would play in Philippe's hair, and nobody would play in my hair. Something wrong with this picture.  Oh I really need therapy.  I told Cybelle (not her real name) I want the I WAS HERE LAST WEEK cut.  I came out of there with a helmet head.  I couldn't wait to get home and fix it my way.  A tornado could have come by and not one hair would have moved.  I could have used my hair as a weapon.  Anyway, came home and washed it again and it looked good.  I decided that I would go shopping again so I got on the bus.  Instead of going to the bus stop that I usually go to, I got on where I usually get off and thought, ah I'll go for a longer ride and it will eventually take me to the store.  WRONG.  It took me to the Terminal.  I was the only one still on.  I asked the man, this bus goes to Auchan right.  He said, no madame, this is terminus.  You got on, on the wrong side but if you go to terminal B, I'm picking up in 5 minutes.  Well I felt kind of stupid, one of my many talents (feeling stupid) so I went to terminal B because I knew that he was watching me and stood there until he got off the bus and went into the office.  I then made a run-for-it across the street.  He's probably still wondering where I am.  So I decided that I wouldn't go to Auchan.  I was going to shop downtown.  So I walked around for awhile.  Here is a picture of where I want to live.  I can see myself there.



So I made my way to La Place des Heros and then La Grande Place.  I thought, oh I haven't been to the movies in a long time.  There must be something playing at 4:00.  I got to the Grande Place and there, right in the middle of the square was a big, white tent.  Well I just needed to know what was in there.  Well the closer I got, the more I saw people going in and out.  There, in big black letters was written ARRAS FILM FESTIVAL.  I believe they were expecting me because they had the red carpet waiting for me.  Wasn't it a good thing that my hair was done.  So I went in, mingled, talked to the lady at the entrée.  She was talking about films and I was nodding, saying oh yes, he is a very good actor, oh yes, the photography is spectaculous.  Like I knew what I was talking about.   NOT.  Philippe is the film maker of the family.  I just go for the popcorn.  She knew I was Canadian after I said BONJOUR.  She said, please come in.  You can have a drink, meet the artists and see a film at the cinema.  Well was I at the right place.  There was a bar (just my luck), so I went for it. I ordered a beer, looked around, talked to the guy at the booth that was selling stuff, pretending that I was a high class and knew what I was talking about.  Some people were taking pictures with their big fancy camera with a foot long lens and tripod and their camera case bigger than my 3 suitcases that I brought here, so I just happened to have my camera too.  I took my Canon PowerShot SX120 out of my pocket and took a few shots.  Here are a few pictures.  I was trying to fit in and not be too obvious while I was taking pictures of movie stars.  I'm sure they are movie stars.  I just don't know the French ones yet.



After I had mingled enough, I went to the movies and saw L'intouchable.  It is a great French movie and they figure that it will win all the awards.  It is a true story and lots of laughs and very touching.  I will go see it again for sure.

Tomorrow is the big day.  I am laying 2 wreaths.  I'm wearing my legs again, being that everyone told me I had nice legs (well they only did because I asked) and my high heels so hopefully I won't trip.  I will have my camera.  Just have to find somebody to take a picture of me. 

I saw this little mouse and I though of Mousie, so I just had to buy it.  I might give it to her and I might not.  If I do, it will have to be after I'm done working here because this little mouse keeps me company in the kitchen....not that I'm there too much.  I also brought with me my frog that I bought at Therese's flower shop in Dalhousie a few years ago.  It also sits in my kitchen.





Well another great day and time for bed now.  Wish me luck.  I will be thinking of all the soldiers that gave their lives and also of the families and friends that lost them.  My mother lost 2 brothers from effects of WW2.  November 11th meant alot to her.  Tomorrow is for all of you.

2 comments:

  1. I just don't know how you do it, to get so involved, etc. You must have a special gift! Yup, Gord and I will be thinking of you tomorrow (the 11th) as you make Canada proud. Way to go Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes a gift alright. It's because I'm so darn curious. And you know that curiosity killed the cat. Thanks Lise.

    ReplyDelete