In a few days, it will be 6 months since I'm here. Time has gone by so fast and I still have lots of things that I want to do. I'm still not tired of eating baguettes and nutella. I'm getting better at trying different cheese but I will not eat Andouillettes while I'm here or take up smoking. Today when I called for a hair appointment, I didn't even have to say my name. The lady said, ah madame la Canadienne, vous voulez un rendez-vous. I said, it's my accent isn't it. She said yes. I have to work on that.
This morning, I went to IKEA with André and Christi and bought a few things. Coming out, I got attacked by my cart and it got me right at the ankle. Damn cart, it came at me sideways. It's a great store but you really need a car to get there. I might be brave some day and rent a car. Standard of course. By the way, I painted my nails the other day so my hand looks good on the stick shift. I pretty well keep up with the other vehicles now on the road. I just freak a little on the round abouts. I still don't like the priority a droite or the James Bond Suicide Corner, which by the way Berthe and Claire laughed at me when they went on it. I'll have to bring my next visitors there and see what they think. I guess when I get visitors, I'm suppose to tell them the rules of the road. We believe that Berthe got a speeding ticket while we were coming back from Belgium. She was going 93 in a 90 zone and we saw a pretty bright flash. I forgot to tell her that they take pity on no one here when you go over the limit. Oh well, I wasn't driving. I was minding my own business in the back seat.
About a month ago, I received an email from a friend of mine. His nephew Andrew had won Canada's National Heritage History Contest and is coming to Vimy for the 95th anniversary. His mother got in contact with me and her and her husband will also be coming. Andrew did a video about his great uncle Daniel J. MacDonald and it just so happens that I have met Daniel J MacDonald and was fortunate enough to cut the ribbon with him at the opening of the Campbellton District Office in September 1979. Now 32 years later, I will meet his great nephew. This week is Veterans Week and I asked Andrew's mother if I could share his video on my blog. I enjoyed it very much and Andrew did a great job for such a young boy. So if you have a moment, think of our Veterans and check Andrew's video out. www.steppingstoneproductions.blogspot.com
I talked with Claudia this evening and it's always nice to hear her voice. Might see them in Germany when Allen is here. I think we will fly depending on the price because Allen, the GPS and me just doesn't work. Our past experience just doesn't sit well with me.
I am having trouble with my laptop tonight so hopefully you will be able to read it without too much trouble. Next week when Allen is here, I must hide my laptop. Things happens then he uses it but I'll be nice about it and pretend that I brought it to work. Only kidding, he can use it, in my presence. I was trying to upload pictures, but I can't seem to this evening. Hopefully I will figure it out by tomorrow. So have a nice evening everyone and thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment