Wednesday, 23 November 2011

A day in the life....

I feel like Mary Tylor Moore here.  Of course all you young ones wouldn't know who Mary Tylor Moore is.   Today I worked at Vimy.  It was very foggy and we couldn't see the monument unless you were on it.  I kid you not, it was as if someone had taken it away.  By noon, the fog had lifted and the monument was back.  Tash and Allen came to visit the site and got a tour then they went to Le mur des fusillés, the Execution Wall.  Allen fell down a few steps and Natasha laughed.  Apparently it was quite funny.  Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.  I guess he has some graceful moves.  I must bring him back there and make him go up the cobblestone steps and see a replay.

We went for supper with Christi and André.  We ate a raclette (melting cheese and baked potatoes).  It was very good and the company was great.  Tash is leaving tomorrow and we still haven't figured out if we're driving her to Paris or taking the train with her.  I'm sure they'll let me know in the morning.

I'm adding pictures of my 70 euros hem.  If you look close enough you might be able to see the Christian Dior thread.  OK for those of you who are really looking, there is none.  All you'll see is plain, cotton, brown drapes.  I try to dress them up best I can.  Everytime I look at them I think, oh I could have bought my friends Christmas gifts with that.  Sorry friends, your gift is that picture.

I have 4 like this.  Don't you just envy me...













So I get up in the morning and...





I always make my bed.  It's pretty easy when you just have a duvet.

Then I go downstairs and make breakfast.  Usually I have Nutella but the odd time, I'll have peanut butter and jam.  I eat alot because I work hard and need the energy....ya right.














Then I SKYPE with Allen while eating my breakfast.  With the 8 hours difference, I'm going to work and he's going to bed.



Then I get my lunch ready.  Yum Yum.  I have meat in the fridge at the office.  Now isn't this a good balanced meal.















Now the hardest part of my day is deciding what to wear.  Will it be beige today or the other beige....


Then I get all my stuff ready and put it at the door.  Minime waits patiently.



I then make my way down the stairs, into the little garden and out the door.  Today is garbage day.



I walk to the car.  Look how great it is.  This is the new love of my life, the standard.  I sit high and proud in it.  Well we all know it's not mine and thanks to my boss, I can drive it.

Then off to work I go.  Lots of fog in the morning.  Once in awhile, I see my friends.  They are so happy to see me.  They wave all the time.  OK I only saw them once but they did wave.



Finally after 35 minutes, I get to work and meet the guides.



They always beat me to the fridge.  They are growing kids so they eat alot.  That's all their food.  I just have a tiny little space.  Poor me.


I greet my co-workers.  They are very nice and friendly.  They seem to like me.  Must be something in the water.



I always praise the guides.  Today I am meeting with them so I have my little poster ready.   I say, ah you do such a good job and they say, oh you are the best boss.


To be continued....it's late and I have to go to bed.  But tomorrow, you'll meet my boss and see my office.


3 comments:

  1. Wow Loulou, your curtains look fabulous. I think we could get you on a segment of decorating with Nate or Home and Garden TV with a French twist!
    Glad Allen and Natasha are enjoying your tours as well!
    Keep posting as we love seeing and reading what you are up to!
    Getting a bit chillier here in the morning but no snow on the north shore yet.
    Talk to you soon,

    Love,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I should move to Arras and open up a 'heming' shop. I could easily increase my little pension with those prices! Tonight we went to the "Zoo Lights', after a big and very delicious Thanksgiving dinner. What an awesome display! The kids loved it, and the big ones too! Enjoy your last few days with Allen.

    ReplyDelete