Meet Arlene, my Manager at Beaumont-Hamel. Although I had practiced at bit of standard driving with André at first, Christi and one of the guides, Arlene is the one responsible for giving me no choice but to bite the bullet and drive. She had more confidence in me than I had. She gave me the keys at noon and said, take the car and get home. I was so nervous that I lost the keys in the afternoon, finally found them just before I left and made my way home. I owe her alot. Arlene is a softy although she doesn't want to admit it. She has a heart of gold and it shines. Her door is always open for me.
I also receive stars for the work I do. Well one star but it's a start. It's from my Director and it says, to Louise, you are th best thing that every happened to France. Thank you so much for being who you are. If everyone could be like you, the world would be a better place.....and so on and so on. OK it doesn't say that but it's just because there wasn't enough place on the paper to write it. It really says, Louise, you are a star because you are funny and nice and a good worker. It pretty well translates to what I just said.
I always go check on the guides to see if they need help with anything.
Then before you know it, it's time for lunch. Here you see from left to right, Sophie, Chantal and John (guides) and Karine. I really enjoy lunchtime with everyone. It's like our little family.
And this is my day in a nutshell. I enjoy every minute of my time here. I have adapted quite well here in Arras. It's a great little city with lots to see and do.
Tomorrow is the start of the Christmas Market. They have decorated the town and I am fortunate to live on a street that has Christmas decorations from one side of the street to the other and tonight, while we were having supper, they turned them on. Now it might affect my sleeping because it's quite big and just outside my window. It would look nice with snow but we don't have any so I can only imagine in my mind.
This morning, I had the surprise of my life. I was in the living room and all of a sudden, a man was at my window. I think that he had noticed me before and wanted to ask me for my hand. Romeo and Juliet, eat your heart out. This man hired a truck to make it to my window. I explained that I was already married and that I was flattered. He was sad but said he understood. It must be the french accent that I have. Anyway, here's a picture. I asked if I could take a picture of him and he said yes and then said, you better take one of my friend down there. He's jealous.
And this is my story for today. It's a beautiful evening out. Allen and I went to buy junk food and now we're going to watch a movie. Thanks for reading and for your comments.
Oh by the way, France changes a person. I'm not who I used to be. See for yourself.
OK, this is not true. I'm only kidding. This is in Paris in front of the Moulin Rouge and we found a Starbuck so Allen and Tash had a coffee. You all know that I never tried coffee in my life and I don't smoke but I always wondered what I would look like if I did drink coffee and smoke. I don't think that I'll start.
Well I was a little shocked when I saw your last picture but not about the coffee (pepsi)...the cigarette, glad its only a prop.....
ReplyDeleteya, I can post again....for now
ReplyDeleteOh my, you can post. How nice. Ya i don't smoke. I wonder how many people was shocked.
ReplyDelete