What a beautiful day today was. I was out with a friend touring around the countryside. We stopped at different World War 1 cemeteries and it was very peaceful. Well it should have been peaceful but today was also the first day of hunting. You could see hunters and guns and shooting. I think they were going for rabbits, so I told my friend, don't hop around, they'll get us. I was ducking and my nerves were shot. Ah, while walking or dodging the bullets, I found 2 shrapnels from WW1. How cool is that.
OK again, who invented the GPS. It does not know where it's going, does not want to bring you where you want to go unless it's their way. We went around the same spot 3 times. Who trains them. All a GPS does is shows you how to swear and then you get road rage. I'm really starting to think that it's not safe travelling with me. I get stranded, Mirjam misses her plane. Oh well, it's all part of exploring. We were hungry and France closes on Sunday. Why, I do not know. Not a restaurant to be found. So we ended up going to where I work and checking out the fridge. I'm pretty sure that what we took was mine but if not, too bad, it's gone. We had cheese, apple sauce, nuts, diet coke. We had a pretty good feed. Plus, while we were there, company came and I GOT A GIFT. You all know how I react when I get a gift. A beautiful bottle of champagne and a lovely card. I was very excited and it was very kind. I will miss their smiles but will see them on the Island. Too bad Allen doesn't drink. Guess it will be all mine and NO Berthe and Claire, I am not sharing it while you're here. It's champagne, MY OWN BOTTLE.
Tonight for supper I had chocolate bread. Now I'm bouncing off the walls but who cares, it's chocolate bread. I was thinking today, should I try to live here the same way I live in Charlottetown and have a routine and be disciplined and always do the same thing. Then I said, heck no. It didn't take me long to get that idea out of my head. I'm in France I have to let loose. Not too loose, I have a reputation to keep.
OK so what else could I do tonight. It's 11:15, I ate 2 chocolate bread, half of a big walnut bar, well more than half, a glass of diet coke, I'm high on sugar. Just finished sweeping the floor with my rubber broom (best invention ever), oh I might rearrange my towels, all 5 of them. That should take time get my sugar level down...NOT. Maybe I'll read. No, can't stay still enough for that right now. I'll play Solitary on my IPAD. Tomorrow is a working day and it doesn't look like I'll get alot of sleep.
Well I better pack up my stuff to go to bed. I always bring my phone, my BB, my IPAD, my glasses, my purse. You never know who could need me. I pretty well need a suitcase to carry the stuff in. I also have to get my clothes ready for work tomorrow. Will it be my beige shirt or my other beige shirt. Which pants should I wear to match it, my green or my other green. Always a difficult decision. Last week I miscalculated my black socks and I didn't have anymore. There's only so many times you can turn them inside out. No only kidding, really. So I wore white socks. Not the thing to do but I had no choice. Thing is my pants were a little short and I looked like I had water in the basement so all day, I went around looking like Michael Jackson with my white socks and black shoes. I did a bit of moon walk to show the girls. Ah it's a happy little world I live in and I'm so glad you're all part of it.
Again, thank you for believing in me and mom, I know you're with me all the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment