Friday, 9 September 2011

I've got mail

Oh what a surprise I had today at work. The mailman came by and there was mail for me with my name on it. What a feeling. The guide came in the office to bring the mail and she said, ah Louise, there is something for you. Well, up I jump, grab the parcel and hugged it. My 2 other co-workers just turned around, dropped their jaws and then witnessed me opening my present. They were speechless, and that's hard when you're French. I tore opened that parcel, there was nothing stopping me now. I was getting into it. Now for those who know me and have seen me open presents, you have a visual. This time was no different. It was even more special because it crossed the Atlantic and found me at work and there I could prove that I had friends. That they were not imaginary. Ah, in the once, lovely, Canada Post bubble envelope with 28 stamps, was the book The Help with a lovely card with a bear that says, I thought of you today...and it made me smile. Lise, thank you very much. I will read the book and cherish the card. My 2 co-workers admitted that they have never experienced this kind of behavior before. Well they will because Christmas is coming.

How small the world is. Today before closing, a lady arrived at the Site while I was at the Entree. The guides greeted her and I said Hello/Bonjour. She asked us all where we were from and we told her and she then said that she was from Whitehorse. I said Whitehorse, I have friends that moved to the Island a couple of years ago. I told the lady Lise's name and she said, oh, I quilted with her. And I said, well just today I received a parcel from her. What a coincidence.

Tonight I went out for supper with friends and it was very nice. It's one of my favorite place. It's called Assiette au boeuf. I came home early because tomorrow is my big day. I go to Paris to pick up Mirjam. Yes I'm going by train, and yes I'm going alone and yes I will make it back in the same day....well we're hoping.

Tonight I turned on the TV and the French version of Survivor was playing. I'm a big fan of Survivor so I'm going to be hooked. Last night, I also turned on the TV and with all the remotes (thank you Allen), it took me 15 minutes to turn the darn thing off. One did one thing, then the other turned something else on, then I was all mixed up, didn't know which was which (no there is no name of the remotes, if there was, I would know which one belongs to the TV, the external hard drive, the Live Box (well that one is white), plus among that I had my phone which looks like a remote. I took a picture of all the remotes I have. Can't one do the job. Anyway, I came up to my room and got ready for bed and there, in the hallway, staring at me, just waiting, was the dead spider's twin. Why do they just sit there, stare, do a 10 degree turn, stop, analyze everything, plan, does another 40 degree turn. This is torture. I grabbed my crocs and beat the brains out of it, then I begin to shake and shiver and now I have to walk around my house with my pajama bottom way up over my boob because the law of gravity made it that way. I look like Steve Urkel. I don't know how I'm going to get through this. I hope Mirjam is braver than me.

Well I should get some sleep. There's a train I need to catch. Again Lise, thank you so much for your parcel. Hi to everyone. I see some new followers. Very nice of you.

Goodnight and sleep well.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm enjoying reading about your adventures! You're going to LOVE the book! It's one of my favourites!! -Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I will say it again. Their is a sitcom out their somewhere looking for a writer and your it. You are friggin funny and again I sit and laugh at my computer screen. I hope you made it to Paris and back ok.....can't wait to read about it.

    ReplyDelete