Sorry I couldn't post yesterday but it was a hard day. I had to eat cheesecake and it was very hard on me. Even worst, I had to eat the rest today. We had a surprise waiting for us at work yesterday, a homemade raspberry cheesecake made from the one and only Cordon Bleu master. Not a crumb was left. It's a hard life I lead. Tomorrow I will go back to eating Gauffres.
With all that happened during Saturday and Sunday, I forgot to add something. On Saturday, while I was enjoying the sunshine and shopping in Amiens, this huge, white, limousine Hummer arrived at La Mairie. Well I just had to find out who was in it. So into the crowd I go, camera in hand. Out comes a beautiful bride, all in white, vail over her face, a princess. Well by that time, I was among the wedding party, shoulder to shoulder so I did like the rest and took pictures. I was very close to the bride and her 5 bridesmaids, 4 little flower girls no older than 3 and 1 little ring boy (can't spell the word, but you get who I mean) It was a big wedding. I believe the bride thought that I was a distant relative. I played the part, smiled, said, ah que tu es belle, oh you are so pretty. I might be in some of their pictures also because lots of cameras were flashing. I didn't look half bad, I was still dry at that time. I showed the pictures to my co-workers yesterday of the wedding and the spider and they just shook their heads. I think I'm finally getting the drift of why Kevin doesn't want to be seen with me. Oh he'll get over it. I'm not worried.
Tonight I stopped at a pizza place. I ask for the toilet because they look at you funny if you ask for a bathroom and it's was a mixed bathroom (I still call it bathroom). I took a picture of the urinal. It was made like lips with lipstick on. So very cool. I sent the pictures to a few of you so you can pass it on. I liked it so much, that I went to the bathroom twice, just to see it again. No man was standing by it, so I got a close view.
I thought I would change the scenery so walking home from the pizza place, I walked on the other side of the street. After almost 3 months here (and I don't want to think about it), I've seen inside every window so I decided to cross the street and check the other windows. I saw a real nice cat sitting on the ledge of the window inside, 2 people at their door smoking and 1 person sitting on her step talking on the phone. It was a nice walk. I found out today that if you say bonjour when you are leaving, they get all mixed up. You say bonjour when you arrive and aurevoir when you leave. I was trying to speak my Sunday best French and say bonjour, but I guess I was doing it wrong.
I sent a Thank You to the hotel in Amiens yesterday for taking such good care of me. You might think that I am doing this because I am polite, well part of it is true but I'm hoping for a free night at their hotel. I have to see those lights on the Cathedral. Apparently it is overwhelming. Not that I would know.
Diane, I will think of you while you have your eye done for your cataract. I wish I was there with you. I miss you lots. You are the other part of me. Philippe, you're the best brother anyone could have. Maman, I know that you are watching over me. Not a day goes by that I don't look at your picture that I have of you on my desk and I smile, it's because of you that I am what I am today. You gave me strength, you gave me courage and you taught me never to give up. However, if you want to help me just on one more thing, please help me learn how to drive standard or make all the cars automatic. I'm getting good at that now here in Arras and you would be proud.
To all my friends who believe in me, Thank You.
No comments:
Post a Comment