Well as you know my week with Mirjam was great. We played cards (Ace frimer) and I won. She is a good loser though but no experience in playing Ace Frimer. She is still young. Last Tuesday, I started a sore throat and I thought, this can't be happening. I knew I was getting strepthroat. I worked on Wednesday and every inch of my body was aching. I didn't know how I was going to make it through the week. However, I had anti-biotics with me, thanks to my doctor before I left Charlottetown, JUST IN CASE. I called the doctor in Charlottetown and she said, go ahead, start taking them. Now that is service....I had a fever of 101 F but Mirjam took care of me. I did send emails to my friends at work at HO because I wanted pity. This is what I got in reply, and I quote: I heard you were sick and looking for pity, well you'll find no sympathy here. Woman get up and get moving, don't let a little strep throat get you down. And she calls herself my friend. Thank you Andrea. And Jean, you were no better.
While in Les rues de Paris, we got caught in rain. Again, I did not have an umbrella but Mirjam did. She always comes prepared. We went to the store LaFayette and I have never seen such a big store. They kept giving us perfume sticks and I had so many different scent that I thought people would take me for a Fille de joie. If you don't understand what this means, ask someone else. They'll explain.
Well we know that my decoy in back or front pocket did not work in Paris but I almost lost my suitcase. While I was helping Mirjam getting her suitcase across the doors entering the metro station, I had gone first and left my 2 X 4 (because I travel light) suitcase beside me but the long handle was up. A man came through the next door and he put his hand (get your minds out of the gutter) on my handle and made a few steps. I looked back and said, HEY, and he let go. He was a middle aged man, didn't look too weird. We got Mirjam across the door and went down to catch our metro. He was sitting across the tracks waiting for his metro. I took a seat right in front of him and eyeballed him. Didn't he know that he was dealing with a woman that now drives standard and there is nothing stopping her. He looked at me and then, out of nowhere, he gently put his hand in his jacket. My first thought was that he was grabbing for a weapon but what kind of weapon. Oh this was getting intense. Everything was going in slow motion. I was going to stand in front of Mirjam to save her because that is how brave I am now, but just then, he pulled out his cell phone. Oh that man has no idea how lucky he was.
Yesterday I drove home alone in the standard. People on the road could not stand me being in front of them so they all passed me. Pure jealousy. Some were nicer than others, as they passed me, they honked and their mouths were moving but I couldn't hear them as the windows were up, but I think they were saying, oh look at her, she drives standard and she looks so good doing it.
My sister is gone to Vancouver for the week, so it is hard not talking to her. I also find it hard with the time difference because everyone is still at work and if I call or skype before going to bed, it's midnight before I turn off the lights. The easiest is with Allen because there is 8 hours difference so I talk to him in the morning and at night.
Oh my, I almost forgot. Today, I received the cutest post card of a squirrel. I was on site and all of a sudden the guide at the Entree says, oh Louise you have a post card. Well, I ran toward the Entree and then I hear, no running on site. Hey, a card for me, I was jumping, running and couldn't get there fast enough. I kissed that postcard, didn't know who it was from, didn't have my glasses, but it was for ME all the way from CANADA. Now 3 other people were with me and witnessed my excitement and just shook their heads. Now somebody had to read it to me and I could hardly understand because for some odd reason, without my glasses, I seem to become deaf. It was from a dear friend, a summer guide and she had thought of me. I read it 3 times when I got back to the office. Thank you so much.
Berthe, it's your birthday soon. Hope you have a good one. Christi, yours was Sunday. Hope you had a great day and that the cake was good. Andre, you better spoil her. Well it was another nice day at work. Tonight was grocery night so I made myself supper. Now it's time for the dishes. Where is Diane when I need her. Vancouver....well she should be here helping me, now that I have a new broom. Only kidding Diane if you are reading this. Maybe Becky (yes my sister-in-law), she loves to help. Miss you Philippe and Becky. Margot, miss you belle belle-soeur. Hi to everyone I know in Campbellton. My brother caught a salmon, yeh pour toi Philippe. Johannes, I will email you. Thank you for the lovely email. India is so far. Rick and Alanna, I know you are at Carmen's, so have one for me.
So to say goodnight, I'm going to steal a line that Jean says. Hope you don't mind Jean, not that it would matter: Hugs and kisses, dreams and wishes. I think that is the cutest thing you can tell someone.
Hope you got over the strep throat Louise! Good planning in bringing your own drugs! All those drivers passing you must only be singing your praises I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteYou make me laugh when I read your blog, always entertaining!
talk to you soon,
love,
Becky