With all that was happening this week-end, I missed my chance to call and talk to Johannes who is now in India. I hope you read this and you forgive me for not being able to wish you a good trip and amazing experience. You will have lots to tell when you get back. You are an amazing guy with such great talent and I am fortunate to call you my friend.
Talking about friends, at work today I was telling them that I was going to Paris on Saturday to get Mirjam. They asked if it was really a good idea for me to go and if I knew which train to take. Of course I know how to get there. Mirjam you are totally safe with me. I might be the only one that thinks that, but I'll take care of you. Things like this don't happen twice. Just so everybody knows, I'm not a cry baby. I use it to my advantage, like getting the room for half price. Only kidding but you should know that at no time did I think that I had enough and wanted to go home and I can't handle this. I could have done without the wet clothes and having to put it back on but hey, it's all part of living the life. I still think of that poor little kitten turned vampire. I guess it wasn't meant to be and it wouldn't have been fair to Minime and to Zina and Bob if I had another cat here. Bob is a new cat that just arrived from Canada and I am hoping to be able to babysit him too but Zina ramains my favorite. Today at work, we were also talking about exercising which is absolutely NOT in my vocabulary. I walk everywhere here and I love it but for all my friends in Charlottetown, Jean, Berthe, Lise who ask me to go walking with them at lunch or after work, forget it. When I go back, I'm going back my Canadian way, driving.
Last night they had fireworks at the Beffroi. I believe they were for me to celebrate my arrival back from Amiens but I just couldn't make it. It happens, I can't go to everything they do for me. I went to the 8 a 8 on my way from work and they said, ah la Canadienne, il y a longtemps, it's been awhile. It's pretty well my hangout.
We have a new pet in the family. It's an iguana. I'm not babysitting that thing. For some reason I just can't picture myself sitting on the couch and petting it. Now that would be fun. Here Igy Igy, or whatever name it has, come to mama. However, it might be fun dressing it. I never thought of that. I can see it with a nice little tuxedo, a top hat and a cane. It might come handy for spiders. NOT.
The summer that we didn't have is over. It sure was windy today. I went on site and turned back. The wind was coming from the left side. Not good for the hair. I think my hair grew with all the rain that came down on it. I think it also took all the color. I need a dye job but where is my cousin Joanne when I need her.
Well I haven't used my new broom in a few days, I must go at it tonight. I have company coming and need to round up those dust bunnies, so again, thanks for reading. I have friends that are visiting Avignon. Hope you are having fun. Bring me a surprise.
Re walking? Wait till your term is up before you make a promise to go back to the car for exercise!! Bet you might just change your mind!
ReplyDeleteYou wish. Won't be happening Lise. The difference is that here, everything is new and historical and beautiful to see. But try...you'll see. ha ha
ReplyDeleteNice to hear you finally made it home safely after your adventurous trip. Don't worry that you couldn't call me anymore - I've got skype here so you can even call me in India :)
ReplyDeleteGreat, I'm glad you read my blog. I will certainly Skype with you. Enjoy your school.
ReplyDeleteYou must be excited to see Mirjam on Saturday. I am sure after all the recent misadventures your trip to meet her in Paris will go smoothly. Just double check your train schedules, times, etc ;)
ReplyDeleteBack to school for the kids here today and I must say I don't miss being there.
We'll try to skype on the weekend after Mirjam arrives. Have a fun week.
love you