Wednesday, 28 September 2011

And she waited and waited.....

Before I start, I just want to tell you that my older blog, Home away from home which I started in April had 4256 hits and my newer one Living the life had 1443 since I started it at end of August. I'm very happy that people are reading me.

Now, to tell you the story behind, And she waited and waited.... Yesterday I emailed a friend that I have lunch with from time to time in Charlottetown. She also works at Head Office. She said that I could use her name because she got caught in my trap so she figures that she deserves having her name on my blog. OK, so Lindsey and I are good friends. I emailed her yesterday and asked how she was etc. At the end of my email I said, how about lunch. I have my sandwich but we can go to the Food Fair and eat there. She answers, well I think that I'm on course today but I'll let you know. I figured that she was just joking. About 5 minutes later, she sends another email and says, ya, I can do lunch. The course is tomorrow. She says, I was suppose to meet so and so but I cancelled. Then another girl from HR calls her and tries to make lunch plans with her. She says, oh no, I'm meeting Louise. Now it's 8:30 am in Charlottetown. I tell her, OK, meet you in the Atrium at 11:55 because that's what we always do. Well the poor girl goes to the Atrium at 11:55 and waits, and waits, then she emails me and says, it's 12:15 I'm back at my desk. Where are you. While waiting, she meets my friend Trudy and they start talking and she says, I'm waiting for Louise. Trudy figures that it's another Louise and says nothing,(Trudy is my off-site afternoon partner along with Jean. We do coffee together at Beanz). So Lindsey asks the commissionnaire to call my desk. They still have my old number in the book. No answer. Then somebody says, isn't Louise in France. Lindsey says, well I thought so but maybe something happened and she came back. I don't dare ask her, but I'll find out at lunch. I email her and say, Lindsey I'm in France. I can't do lunch. So today, after work I called her. We had a pretty good laugh.

Tomorrow is my day off. I checked the trains to see where I could go and come back tomorrow night. I might try Brugge in Belgium. Not sure yet, but I now have a poncho raincoat in my purse just in case I get stuck in the rain again. After work, I tried to go wash the vehicle. I was not successful as I couldn't get the tire in the little thingy and because it's a standard, I was too afraid to try for a 5th time. I figured that being looked at 4 times by the people in the next car wash stall was enough. So I'll try again on a slower day, maybe Sunday. Less people around. At least I'm trying and I'll be darn if I leave France without getting that wheel in the whatever thingy.

Monday I went to the grocery store on my way back from work. They have baskets so I took one. Then I saw a kind of carriage for the basket so I put it on but I just sat it on the bottom. I'm going around and a little girl says, regarde maman, la madame a son panier a la mauvaise place. Look mommy, the woman has her basket at the wrong place. Get away kid, I'm hungry, I'm dangerous and my cart won't go where I want it to go. The handle on the cart is just big enough to have both hands touching one another so I wanted to go left and the wheels of my cart were going right. I have an international license (yes, me...I can drive anywhere) but I don't think it includes grocery carts. However, then I saw other people with carts and there are 2 plastic things for your cart to attach to, so I fixed mine.

I would like to ask whoever is in charge of the roads, to change the rules during the time that I travel in the morning and at night. The priority to the right is not working for me. I'm blind from that side. And another thing, I would like to pull every big semi tractor trailer trucks off the road between 9:00 - 9:45 am and 6:00 to 6:45 pm. I don't like you. You scare me. Please get off the road while I'm on it. Also, please take the twists and turns out of the James Bond Suicide Corner. And one last thing, please change the hours of your train that goes over the bridge at the James Bond Suicide Corner. It freaks me out.

I talked to Johannes in India tonight on SKYPE. He is doing well and looks good. I also talked with Mirjam and she is off to university next week. Now if I could only talk with my son. I do have one but he doesn't miss his mom yet. I wonder if Minime misses me. This afternoon I went to run an errand and there was this black cat, just like Minime. I asked the lady if I could pet him and she said, ah he's not too friendly. He might bite. I thought, well I already have my tetanos shot so another bite won't bother me. It was bigger than Minime. I don't like to say that it was fat, so I'll just say that it's big boned.

Well it's time to say good night. Hope you're all safe and I'll let you know what I did for my day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment