If you remember a few blogs ago, I put a picture of the spider and my weapon. Well it took me about 30 minutes just to post that picture on and I have not gone back to that blog so if anyone left comments, sorry I can't read them.
I went to see a movie last night. It was called Ma première fois, My First Time. Don't go see it, she dies. Did I ruin it for you. Oh well, too bad. The popcorn was good though. I take half salt and half sugar, oh sooooooo good. Here are a few pictures of when I was walking to the theatre. Sorry I'm not in the pictures. I was alone, again. See, I had a table for two and I could sit on either side. How lucky am I. Oh don't pity me, I'm in France and you're not. ha ha.
Don't know what all the cars are doing there. Must have been something going on Sunday night and I didn't get the memo. This is at La Place des Héros. The market is there on Wednesday and Saturday.
This is walking from La Place des héros to La Grande Place. Business is booming outside at the terrace.
See, no snow. It is actually very nice. Can be chilly. Is this how you spell chilly. Looks good. Yes people are just running to get seats outside.
Me and my imaginary friend. I'm taking the picture so that's why you don't see me. So cozy.
This is La Grande Place. Another parking that is full and I don't know where the people are. It is a very nice place. Arras itself if nice. I like it even on Sunday when they roll up the sidewalks and it's like a ghost town. It's still nice.
My calendar is getting full. Lise and Gordon are coming 1st of March, then in April I will have Allen, Isabelle, Christiane and Marie-Christine till 1st week of May. Full house. No more room at the Inn. A new session has started today so that will keep me very busy. Nice group of kids, great opportunity for them. I hope they like me. I'm going to play mean this time.
Well another day over. I'm still enjoying every minute here. Wish you could all be here with me. Oh Sunday at the movies, I went to the bathroom and the lady that met Diane when she was here and that was asking me all sorts of questions was in the bathroom too. She spotted me and said, oh la fille du Canada. Votre soeur est-elle revenue. Oh the Canadian lady. Has your sister been back. I said ah no,
not yet. Diane did quite an impression on her. She said, so are you alone and what movie are you going to see. Didn't take me long to reply, oh no, I'm here with 4 other people and we're not sure what we are seeing. They are waiting for me. I thought I was going to be stuck with her. Go away, you scare me. Find your own friends. I have enough of my imaginary ones. I need a bodyguard.
Big day tomorrow. I'm showing off Beaumont-Hamel to the new guides. So excited. I love both sites. They each have their own story. How lucky am I. So better hit the sack and be in tip top shape tomorrow. I'll be in some kind of shape, not sure it will be tip top though.
Night and be safe.
Love the pictures. Can't wait to see it in person! Not long now.
ReplyDeleteDon't be too hard on the new batch of recruits! (I know you won't because you just can't!!)
When I see those pictures I still have a hard time believing I was there sitting in the chair with you...not so long ago. Such good memories, glad you're still enjoying France solo. As for the guides when you want to look mean or try to be mean I have a picture of you returning from Germany that is sure to scare them.....does a black and white scarf ring any bells?????? Enjoy....Till later, Claire
ReplyDeleteHi Louise, Love the pictures...it makes me lonely for Arras....Andre, Christi.
ReplyDeleteAnd you....you're very lucky!