Yesterday was wing night here. I bought a family pack and the bag said for 2 - 3 people. Well it's a good thing I was eating alone because there was only 7 in the bag. Who do they think they're feeding, a bird. Oh so funny, I am Bird. I just wrote that without thinking. I never cease to amaze myself. Oh it's a happy little world I live in. Here are pictures of the family pack. Family of ONE...
OK for some reason I cannot post pictures, but believe me I have them. I will continue my story and post the pictures when I can. Moving right along, last night with my 7 measly, little wings that had skin on like a 150 year old person, was all pruned, I made rice, cucumbers and water. Now because I can't add the pictures and this time I cannot blame Allen for doing something to my laptop, you have to visualize it. Let me help you: round green placemat with a fork and knife, glass of water on the right side, cucumbers at 8:00, wings at 12:00 and rice at 4:00. Are you getting it. OK, so this is the picture that I have on my camera, and you will see it when I can post it but maybe one of those items might have gotten switched for the picture. I do have to keep a certain level of discreetness. Must look that word up... no, not a word, I will use subtleness. Continuing on, I must be subtle in my pictures because you never know who is reading it. By the way, my stats say that 6028 people have read my blog and I don't even count among them. Oh you poor people, you must have no lives and nothing better to do but it makes me happy.
Tonight I needed bread so off I go to the Carrefour Express (old 8 à 8) and I got a few things. I forgot my bag so I told the nice lady who likes Canadians and wants to go to Canada some day, that I needed to buy a bag. She said, oh madame, vous pouvez en prendre un, you can take one. I said well I have to pay and she said, ah non, pas de soucis. I did not beg, I did not cry. I think that I'm her favorite customer, although André and Christi go there also. Wonder if they ever got a free bag.
Today was a very busy day. Lots of information to retain. I was suppose to go see a concert pianist with a friend but it was so foggy and I was so tired so we didn't go. It was about an hour away from Arras so we would have been quite late. I like classical piano. That is what I learned when I was taking lessons in my much younger days. Now Becky, yes you, my sister-in-law. She is a beautiful pianist. She studied at McGill and she is awesome. Now someone else that plays the piano beautifully are Johannes and Mirjam. Such talent. Speaking of talent, I have never in my life heard someone play the flute like Corinne. Her fingers are magic. I could sit and listen to her for hours. You can see the passion when she plays. I think everyone that has seen her and heard her, would agree. She is still my inspiration when I go through tough times.
I am planning a trip to Germany soon. I am looking forward to it. I'm hoping that Werner will bring me on the Autobahn. I can still remember the first time on it, sitting in the back with my jacket over my eyes, peeking a little bit and he was doing 190. When we got home, I kissed the ground and said, I thought you would go 200. The next time, he did. Claire and Berthe drove on the Autobahn. They did great. I prayed. God heard me.
Well I am heading upstairs to bed now. Tomorrow is another big day. As I am writing this, I can feel joy in my heart, the kind that you get when you get good news and the peacefulness it brings to you. A sense of satisfaction, gratefulness and it's times like this that I tell myself, embrass what you have now and be thankful for every second that you have.
Thank you all for being one of the 6028 readers. Pictures of my balanced meal on next post.
such kind words on my behalf, thank you Loulou!
ReplyDeleteHow much do I owe you??
You next bag of wings is on me!
love you,
Becky
But Louise, you had the pics up before, so what happened to that other post? You did something and now you will just have to confess/own up to it! And that's right, you can't put the blame on Allen this time. I know its been a busy week, but have you thought about coming to Prague with us? We sure hope you are. Let me know. Will try and connect with you tomorrow, before we go out.
ReplyDeleteFigured it out (in my sleepless state this morning!) that the pkg of wings I saw was not here but on Facebook. Hope you have a restful weekend.
ReplyDeleteYou always make me laugh... and you are too kind. I think I'll write you a tune! Love you!
ReplyDelete