Monday, 2 January 2012

Back to the routine

Well it is back to the routine starting tomorrow.  New year, new guides, new resolutions, well we'll see about the resolutions.
To give you a bit of how my trip was, I'll start with a rainbow that just happened to be there when I was landing in Montreal from Paris on December 13.  I took it as a sign that 2011 was going to finish on a great note and 2012 was going to be just as great.  What more could I ask for.


I had a great time at home and got to spend quality time with Kevin.  I think he was kind of glad to have me home so I could cook for him but we did watch TV together and had good chats.  I also think that he was happy to see me go so he could go back to putting things where he wanted to and find them without me putting things away.  I saw my friends, got alot of gifts (numbers count for me at Christmas, even if you wrap things I already have in the house.  We all know that by now)...  Here is a picture and most of them are for me.  I think people give me gifts just so they can see me opening them. 


And there are just as many in the back.  Minime sure was glad that I was there.  No more diet for her while I was home.  I was very allergic to her my whole time there.  It must be because I am no longer used to her fur so to try to overcome my allergies, I dressed her up just to cover as much fur as I could.  An outfit just for her with her name... well almost her name.




 She really isn't uncomfortable, she is just resting on the floor.  She plays dead alot when she has clothes on, I just don't know why.















One gift that I really want to tell you about is the spoon that I received from Philippe.  He carved one for Diane and one for me.  Philippe has many talents and this is just one of them.


It will be 5 years on January 16th that my mother passed away.  Everytime I talked to her, she would always say Oui Chere, yes dear, so when I got this spoon with that written on it, I cried.  I used to talk to her twice a day, every day and the last time I talked to her, it was on the phone.  She was in the hospital but we never expected her to die.  She was just there because she felt a bit weak and her heart wasn't beating as fast as it should.  She had played bridge in the afternoon.  Philippe had had supper with her and everything was fine.  When my Belle Belle-soeur Margot called me to tell me to call the hospital, I knew something was wrong.  Philippe told me that all of a sudden, she was weak and that she wasn't doing well.  I asked if I could talk to her and he put her on the phone.  I said maman, I'm coming home tomorrow, wait for me and her last words to me were Oui Chere.  Now I am telling you because I want you to know how proud I was being her daughter.  Diane, Philippe and I still argue on who she loved the most.  I say me because I was the baby, Philippe says it was him because he is the only son and Diane says it was her because she was the oldest but we all know really, it was me. ha ha ha...Now after I spoke with her, I called Diane and told her, call Mom because she is not doing well.  Diane also called her and the last words she spoke to her was, Diane, I love everybody in the world.  Those were in fact her last words and wouldn't you know it, Diane got a spoon too with those words written on it.  The doctor ordered morphine just  to relax her.  She went peacefully like a beautiful flower at 9:20 that night.  She couldn't wait for me but if you look on the top of my spoon, you will see a star and that star is her watching over me.  Diane has a moon on the top of her spoon.  Philippe says that he put the star there because to him, I am a star but I like my version better.  Sorry Philippe.

OK, now my trip back.  New Year Eve, having my last supper with Allen at Wendy's eating a No. 7, chicken combo, sitting at a table and the song that was playing was, O Holy Night.  Now what more do you want for your last meal of 2011.  On the plane from Montreal to Paris, I gave up my seat 4 times to accommodate people that were travelling together.  I really wanted to be NO MORE NICE GIRL for 2012 but a young couple were sitting apart and the guy asked me if I would consider changing seat with his fiancé.  I just couldn't say no.  I got 2 hugs and 3 chocolates.  Gee, this trip was going to be good.  So I went from a window seat to a middle seat, 4 rows back.  Then the lady sitting beside me was travelling with her husband and she looked at me with pityful eyes, so  I said would you like to sit together.  Her smile was a gift by itself.  OK lady, where's the chocolates...so I went from the middle seat to an aisle seat.  Then the lady sitting beside me, just plained scared me.  She said, madame, my son is 7 and is sitting over there alone, I'm sure you won't mind changing.  She wasn't even nice about it.  Anyway, I ended up 7 rows up in the middle seat with two other losers travelling alone on New Years Eve.  The one by the window decided that she was going to do yoga in her seat.  Who does that.  Her legs were all over the place.  Both girls took my armrest so I had none.  I didn't dare move.  Miss YOGA GIRL had her knee on my lap and Miss I'M GOING TO MAKE AS MUCH NOISE WITH MY BAG OF CANDIES AS I WANT, had that hand in it.  I had to give her the look a few times.  Finally by the time we hit mid Atlantic, she had finished, and it wasn't a soft plastic bag either, it was the hard kind like what peanuts come in.  However, we got to Paris and nobody was hurt.  Now, the first song I heard on New Year as I was trying to fit all my luggage in the elevator manoeuvering the cart, was the song HELP from the Beatles.  I thought it was pretty appropriate.

Well I've said alot for one night.  Tomorrow I work at Vimy so time for bed.  It is 10:21 pm and I better get some sleep.  Here are a few more pictures.  Enjoy your evening.  Rachelle it was nice talking to you on Skype and Therese what a surprise talking to you also on skype. 

 Allen surprised me with a new ring.  I love it.


My plants died while I was away.  I forgot I had plants.


Catherine, my step-daughter and her now fiancée Peter.  They got engaged on Dec 26th.  It was a surprise for everyone, even for her but they seem very happy.


No need to explain this one.

 My new pot from Carmen.  I needed one and this one is so cute.  She has good taste.

1 comment:

  1. glad I was able to catch up on reading your blog Loulou! It is always so entertaining since I can picture exactly what you are describing! OK, the photos help too!
    Thanks again for blogging and keeping us up to date.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete