Gee what a week. I got through Monday and it was all good. We had a little get-together in the afternoon and I feel like I haven't stopped since. Tuesday was a hectic day because I forgot my glasses at home and only noticed when I was at work. At first I didn't think it was going to be a big deal but honestly, it was pretty bad. I had to print my emails in 32 font just to try to read them and have Karine and Sophie read them. I tried to call 888 for my messages and I didn't know how many 8's I had so Arlene had to help me. Plus, when I don't have my glasses, I can't hear so I was deaf too. To make matters worse, I had another cold sore. What's with that. So I leave work and stopped at the pharmacy to get something for my lip. Well that was an experience by itself. They don't call it cold sore or feu sauvage here in France. She couldn't understand what I wanted so I had to show her my duck lip. Oh she said, bouton de fièvre, OK whatever, I want some. Then I tried to pay with my card and I couldn't see the numbers for my code. My arms weren't long enough for me to see the numbers so I paid cash. Good thing I had some on me. Then I needed gas so I stopped at Total. Then just when I was about to start pumping I thought, Oh no, here you need to enter your code PLUS the mileage. That was too many numbers for me without glasses so I got back in the car, drove home and got my glasses and went back. I didn't think that I was this dependent on my specs. Good thing I only need them to read. Imagine if I needed them to drive. Then I went out for supper with friends which was great.
Last night, we went for Chinese food and then bowling. So much food. There were 6 of us and we could have done with dinner for 3. So we get up to leave and the lady said, no no, I bring you hot faceclothes for your hands. Oh now that felt good. So we try to leave again and she said no no, I bring you Saki. I don't know how to spell it but I sure know how to drink it. Potent stuff and the little shot glass had a picture of...well I can't tell you but I want to get some and bring them back to Canada. I must bring Allen there because he doesn't drink so I can have mine plus his. So for 13.50 euros we each had a starter plate of something. I had shrimps, then your entrée, then your main meal, then desert and Saki. I'm going back for sure. We then went bowling but it's with the big balls and are they ever big. The ones where you put your fingers in the balls. I'm not used to playing with big balls. Oh the damage I could do with this blog talking about balls but I won't. Never know who reads this but I would love to. André had the highest score. I hate him. Only kidding André.
Tonight I decided that I would stay in and relax. Already have my pj's on and going to open that bag of chips that's calling me and and have a glass of Jean's diet coke (I bet you all thought that I was going to say wine....fooled you) and watch all the games shows I can. Ah the french game shows here are hilarious. I don't understand the rules but they are funny.
No pictures tonight. I don't have any new ones. I will this week-end. So time for me to go and open those chips. I keep mine in the fridge and they are nice and cold. Don't knock it until you try it. They are good.
Keep warm. I hear it's pretty cold and talk to you soon. Ontario Louise and Bob, how are you. Corinne, thanks for the chat on Monday night. It was great. I needed it.
I really thought you would say "glass of wine", haha...
ReplyDeleteDominik is visiting me for the weekend, he arrives in about an hour. For the next 4 weeks, I will be busy studying for my exams. When do you come and visit us? Did you talk to Mum?
Love you xoxo
I needed that chat Monday just as much as you... love you!
ReplyDelete