Sunday, 25 November 2012

Tooth, coldsore and yogourt...

Well times are rough.  I chipped my front tooth a few weeks ago.  Yes, the rabbit tooth.  I don't know what you call it.  I was just sitting in front of André talking to him and bang, a piece of tooth popped out.  You know how it feels, your tongue continues to go right where the piece is missing.  I blame André.  I wasn't doing anything.  I think it was the fact that he was telling me, OK Louise, you know this.  You know how the site works.  You'll be fine.  Well can't be that fine.  I'm missing a piece of tooth.  I think it was the shock of him leaving.  Although, it's kind of good.  People continue to take pity on me.  They say, ah Louise, you must miss André so much.  Here's a block of cheese, here's a chocolate bar for you.  Hey, I'm milking this.  Again today, one of our regulars at Vimy gave me a big, oversize chocolate bar PLUS a picture of André.  Ah il doit vous manquez André, madame Louise (not the sheep, me).  Voici du chocolat seulement pour vous.  Here's a chocolate bar just for you.  Then he says, don't share with the guides, I already gave them some.  It's a really nice picture of André at the November 11th ceremony.  I should make a poster out of it and he could be the poster man for Vimy.  OK, only kidding André.  I will not make a poster but you do look good.  There you are with the tie on, the smile, just like I remember you.

Then if that wasn't enough, I have a coldsore.  AGAIN.   I blame André for that too.  It's the stress of him leaving.  I know it is.  Often I can feel them coming but this one, NO.  Went to the movies on Wednesday, and pouff, just like that.  I had a coldsore.  Damn it.  So if anyone is going to take a picture of me, please make sure it's from behind because with my chipped tooth and coldsore, not too pretty.

Went to the Carrefour a few weeks ago and of course I didn't take a basket or cart.  That would have been too easy.  No, I had to make sure that I had as much as I could hold in my arms.   I think that I should get breast implants so I could carry more.   I buy yogourt in glass containers and oops, there it went.  Crash on the floor.  Yogourt everywhere.  I was standing in the magazine area and unfortunately, it splashed, all over.  This is my second time.  You would think that I would learn.  Then my new found friend at the Carrefour said, ah Louise, ca va.  I offered to pay for it but they said no.  They might charge me next time.  Might have to go to another Carrefour.

I mailed my Christmas cards on Wednesday.  Some people have already received them.  If you haven't, it's probably because you weren't on my list.  Maybe next year.  I'll be home soon.  I have a dental appointment when I get home which is not a good thing because Doctor Joanne is going to ask me if I'm wearing my tooth, (a back one) and I'll have to lie and say yes and then she'll want to see it and I'll have to lie again and say that I forgot it in France.  I got it before I moved to France and of course I didn't wear it and when I went back home this summer, it didn't fit.  My teeth had moved so she had to redo it.  I really do forget to wear it.

My cousin's son's wife had a baby boy.  Felix, 9 lbs 14 onces.  OUCH.  Try fitting that back in.  Very cute.  I'm hoping to see him during my time home.  Also looking forward to seeing Benjamin and Zina.  Allen is home in Charlottetown right now.  I've hinted that he should put up the Christmas tree and the outdoors lights.  We'll see if he does it.  I'm buying him a E-Reader for Christmas.  It's OK, he doesn't read my blog.  He'll never know.

Last night I had great chats with Claudia and Mirjam.  It's always nice to talk to them.  I talked with Philippe and Becky too.  I think they are enjoying retirement.  Hoping to see everyone in the new year.

Well it's that time of the night again where I need to get my beauty sleep.  I'd say with a coldsore and a chipped tooth, I should already be in bed.  So goodnight everyone.  Stay safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment