Well since my last blog, I got the guides all prepared for their departure. They were quite sad but most of them were travelling after the session. I had the lovely company of Aletha and Charlie Gallant (Ryan's parents), that stayed with me for a few days. We had a great time. Very nice people. I love them dearly.
Lise and Gordon arrived at my apartment to spend Christmas here in Arras. We had a few bottles of wine before I left and they gave me presents. I left a few things under the tree (ok, I didn't have a tree) under the table so they would have something Christmas day. I just got home today and had more presents under the table. Thank you so much.
Now Charlottetown. Well I went and saw lots of people. Had a luncheon with my unit and they gave me a gift because I had come the furthest to the luncheon. See it pays when you're in France. They gave me the cutest sheep salt and pepper shakers. Had a super supper at friends house. Lunch with others and Tim Horton's with my favorite partner Corrine. Love you kid.
So something that happened to me while I was in Charlottetown is that I went shopping at Walmart a few days before Christmas. Well because the roads were icy, I told Kevin to take the Rav 4 to work and I took our second vehicule. The parking lot was packed jammed so I'm there looking for my car. This real, nice, cute (might as well say it) guy,, saw me pacing up and down the lot. He comes to me and says: you lost your car, can't find it. NO I said, I can't. Then I tell him, I usually drive a Red Rav 4 so it easy to find. He then says, what are you driving today. (not a good question to ask me). I said, well it's a.... it's a....gray.....sun.....bird, sun....something. He said Sunfire. Yup, that's it. Gray Sunfire. So we looked and looked and all of a sudden I said, FOUND IT. He comes along and says, are you sure. Yup, gray Sunfire. So he then says, well first of all, this car is a Silver Chavalier and I'd stick to the RED Rav 4 if I was you. He then wished me Merry Christmas and left smiling. I bet I was the conversation at that supper table that night.
Kevin and I opened our gifts on Christmas Eve as we usually do. We tried to wait until midnight but, no luck. I was just going to open the ones from Kevin and friends and wait for Allen to open the rest. I got lots of stuff. Thank you so much Lise and Gordon, Stephanie paid for my ticket to the luncheon plus gave me movie gift card and so did Paula with other things. Too generous. Becky from work found out that I needed a few things for my apartment here. Little birds told her so now I have a beautiful can opener and peeler. People are too kind to me. Carmen went all out on frogs this year and I love them. Berthe, those chocolates were good. I got so many things that I am sure I am forgetting people. Rick gave me a multicolored frog which is so neat. Beautiful angel (made it in one piece) from my family in Germany and Mirjam, well Mirjam is Ma Petite. She sent me wooden Christmas ornaments and for my birthday, she made a memory book of her and I when she visited me a year ago last September. I cried. Mirjam, you are special. Diane my sister went way overboard for me AGAIN this year. The Sound of Music Set is so special. Glad you have one too. Shannon and Johnny, thanks so much for all. So to come back to opening our presents, once I was started, there was no turning back. Sorry Allen but this broad was on a roll. I did win again this year in the number of presents. When it's present time, I become another person. I think that it's an OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE. Like if you would just listen to what I say, just wrap a box with nothing in and as long as it's wrapped, I'm in heaven. Got some lovely hand made cards from Aletha's sister. They are beautiful. Christmas was great even if it was just Kevin and I.
On Christmas Day, I went to Campbellton and what was waiting for me there......more gifts and a beautiful Christmas Supper prepared by Margot (my Belle Belle-soeur - Becky's sister) and her husband John. What a spread. I saw my cousins and aunt and ate Dixie Lee and was stuck in Campbellton for an extra day because of a storm. Winter in the North Shore. Got to love it.
Allen arrived on the 28th and guess what. He FORGOT my camera cord. My darn, black camera cord that I've been talking forever. For that he only got a few gifts, an E reader and an Itune card. Serves him right. Kidding. My last week home, I was sick. Allen dragged me to the medical clinic and I had an ear infection and walking pneumonia. Some people know Waltzing Mathilda but I know Walking Pneumonia. Have great anti-biotics though, so nothing keeps me down for long and anyway, only the good die young. I plan on getting to at least 102. My cousin in Campbellton (mother's cousin turned 100 in December and she's still kicking in her own apartment.
Well I flew back yesterday after an 8 hour wait in Toronto. I went to the International Maple Leaf Lounge. I got to know a few people working there. It goes by fast though when you drink. All FREE. Tried different wines. They did tell me though that they don't call the flights so to make sure I listen to all announcements. Ya right, I'm drinking here. Somebody will realize that I've been here forever and check up on me. You have to live on the edge a bit.
Arlene, Bless her heart picked Renée and I up. I didn't see Renée on the plane at all. I guess she was the last one on. Her flight was delayed in Ottawa. I tried to tell the stewardess on the plane that she was coming. I stood in front of the door so they couldn't close it and tied myself to the seat but no, they wouldn't budge. Things I do for my friends. OK, I didn't and she made it but I wanted to.
Saw Zina, Benjamin, Melissa and Greg. Ah that little man is something else. Tata Louise gave him his bottle and visited as much as I could but Allen kept telling me, Louise do NOT go and pester them. The blinds are down. It's a sign. Ya, I listened to him alright....NOT. We went to visit Claudette and Theo in Abram Village. Claudette was the Director here in France and Theo makes the best food ever and the deserts is another thing. Some talent there. We spent the afternoon with them and then before they left, they gave me fudge to bring back. I had a special bag for me but.....it's all gone. Now I have to sneak in the can they send.
Got in around noon to the apartment and laid down at 1:30. Well.....I woke up, still dressed and it was light out and I looked at the clock. It was 5:00. Oh my, I slept like almost 15 hours. Gee. I was all mixed up. Called Allen because I figured he was the only one up still at midnight PEI time and I asked him what time. He said 5:00. Oh my God Allen, I slept. Just 2 more hours and I have to go to work. I'm in bad shape, I can't go to work. I said, what's all the noise in the background. He said, I'm cleaning a cupboard. I said fine time for you to clean cupboards, it's midnight. He says Louise, it's noon here, 5:00 pm in Arras. Get a grip. A grip. I can get a grip, it has to be 5:00 am, it's light out. He said OK, settle down. Go to the window and look out. It's not getting light, it's getting dark. OH what a weird feeling. I had to call Arlene to make sure.
With all this, I would like to wish a Happy New Year to all. Lots of Health and Happiness for 2013. I'm going back to bed.
NOTE: In Campbellton, I received a very special gift. It's an heirloom and I'll tell you all about it in my next blog. I cried and I made my cousin Jean-Jacquest, Becky and Philippe cried.
So night all, see you in my morning.
Bisous
No comments:
Post a Comment