Thursday, 8 November 2012

I have pictures

I can't believe that from the last time I downloaded pictures, I took 346.  After Allen confessed about taking my camera cord, I was able to find one at the office.  Don't worry, I will return it after I get mine....maybe.  It would be kind of nice to have 2 in case it happens again.  Anyway, I have lots of pictures.  Pictures of when Stephanie and Paula were visiting, our trip to London and a few others.

So, as I sit here drinking wine and having a bit of cheese (oh this France thing is pretty darn nice), I try to remember what all happened since I blogged the last time.  Oh one thing I have to do is answer Ontario Louise on her blog.  She did the coolest thing.  She had André, yes my André, her son, on skype and had school kids asking questions about Vimy.  Who better to answer than somebody that works there.  I am not jealous Louise, André looks better than me on Skype.

Things have been very busy here.  We had our 2 main Remembrance Day ceremonies at Beaumont-Hamel and Vimy.  It went really well.  The guides did a great job.  Weather on Sunday at Vimy was not the best.  It was pretty well a déjà vu from the 95th on April 9th.  Just a tad bit better.  Not by much though.   I was soak and wet right through.  Have you ever tried to pull up tights and pants when they are soak.  It is hard work.  Pretty well a work out.  I near had to ask Arlene to help me in the bathroom.  Not good.  This coming Sunday we are having a small ceremony at both sites that is put on by our guides.  Time flies, just 24 more days and they will be gone.  It seems like just yesterday I was meeting the guides at the train station.

Well as I've mentioned before, André is leaving next week.  I will be driving him to Paris.  Well he will be driving to Paris and I'll drive back.  Never in this life would I ever have thought that I would be driving to Paris.  Well I'm not back yet so I better not be too confident.  André to me is like my post, no not a blog post, a post like a telephone poll, my strong person, my comfort.  He is always there for me and the damn guy knows everything about the job.  He has this aura around him that makes people feel good.  He earned my trust the minute I met him.  Continuing on this adventure without him around is going to be a challenge but I am ready for it and I know that I will always have his support.  Who will walk me home at night when I go out.  Oh he was well brought up.  Bob (not the cat) and Louise are very proud, I am sure.  And Christi, I can't forget about Christi, her smile and gentleness and her kindness.  By the way Christi, André gave me all your bags so don't look for them.  They are mine, all mine.

Guess who's coming home for Christmas....ME. On this trip, I plan to take time for me, maybe go to a few Christmas luncheon (if I am invited...yes this is a hint) but I want to go to Campbellton and see Philippe and Becky, ma tante Pierrette and family and of course my cousin Jean-Jacques who just lost his mother, my godmother.  Diane will be in Florida spending Christmas with Shannon and Johnny but I made sure to tell her to mail my gifts before she leaves.  She understands.  I made it clear.

Biggest news ever in a long time.  Last night, I slept.  I slept until 8:20 this morning and the alarm woke me up.  That does not happen in my world.  People who know me, know that I don't sleep.  I answer emails at 3:00 in the morning.  It might had something to do with the gravol and the beer I had but it doesn't matter.  I slept.  I'm hoping for a replay tonight.  Can't wait to go to bed. This 3 hours a night for years has got to stop.

Oh, I was asked for my ID 2 weeks ago.  No, not because they thought I was underaged, they wanted to know if I was a senior and again, at work I was asked if I was a mature student.  Times are rough.  Kidding, I don't mind, I have a young mind.  Age is just a number although I would prefer that it went down instead of up but hey, I love my life.

Well I'll put some pictures now.  Hope you enjoy.  OK, remember at the beginning of my blog when I said I found a cord for my camera, well guess what.  IT IS NOT WORKING.  It's going back to where I found it.    Sorry, but I'll have to work on finding another one.  I think I saw one today.....André................I need you.  See I always need André.


No comments:

Post a Comment