Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Did you miss me....

It's been awhile since I blogged.  Funny thing though, I feel my best when I blog and write but for some reason, time becomes and issue and I come home late and oops, it's time to go to bed.  I really don't know why I bother, it's not like I sleep.  Sometimes I'll answer emails at 3:00 or 4:00 am and they say, don't you ever sleep, not really, not very much.  I average around 4 hours a night but it's not consecutive hours.  It's not that I don't try.  I think it's because I'm afraid of missing something.  God forbid if something should happen and I wouldn't know about it.

Big news...I discovered last night that I only have a crack (well I think it's called a cleavage) when I'm in bed laying on my side.  Standing up, it's gone.  Finally.  I wanted one all my life.

There is a new Patissier - Pastry place that just opened across the street from me.  I had been there twice before they opened and talked to the people just to make sure they were opening and when.  So the sign went up last Tuesday that they were opening on Wednesday at 7:00 am.  Well, I got up every hour to see if anyone was going in there to make bread.  Not a soul.  Finally at 6:45 I see movement.  I was going to be the first Canadian in there.  I was off that day.  Up I get, dressed and holding a canadian key chain in hand.  I won, I was the first Canadian in there.  All the other normal Canadians were still in bed, under their nice comfy duvet.  OK, I'm the only Canadian on my street.  I've been there every day now and know their whole life story.  The pastry guy goes in at 1:00 am and does the bread etc.  like I would ever do that.  Even less than exercising.  They make a great apple thingy.  That's my new favorite thing now.  Yesterday I got a free one.  We're friends now.

Since I last talked to you, I have started my wine collection.  Well I don't know how much of a collection it will be because I keep opening them.  They have LA FOIRE AUX VINS here at different stores and sometimes, you buy 6 and you get 6 free.  Other times, you buy 4 and get 2 free.  I now have 36 bottles.  I am not a wine connaisseur but to name a few, I have some Chateauneuf du Pape, Pinot Noir, Riesling.  Next week, the sale is at Leclerc so I'm aiming for there.  Allen will be here so he can carry the cases.  I knew he was coming at the right time.  I don't think that it's a good idea to drink alone, so I try to SKYPE with people then at least I'm not by myself.  It's working.


























Yeh, my sister Diane got an IPAD, now she just needs to figure out how it works.  It sure will be nice to see her, even if it's on a screen.  Not sure if she found the ON button yet.  She did tell me that she took a couple of courses.  Diane, I love you more than anything but I have never heard of anyone taking a course for an IPAD, however I am so proud of you and if you didn't do things like that, well I wouldn't have anything to write about.

Well it's a known fact that I love opening gifts, so I got to work last week and I had gifts.  What was the occasion.  I guess there is no occasion, they just get a kick of seeing me opening gifts and they needed entertainment.  The thing was, they wrapped some supplies that we had ordered.  It was still so much fun.




See the letter.  It's from a past guide.  It came in my name.  She sent me some little fish that tells your fortune.  I do it every Friday on everyone at work.  Friday is fish day so I thought that it would be appropriate.  So exciting.  Then I got some pens that I had ordered and post-it notes that I had ordered.  Then my boss gave me some ladybug pins because I have a new office.  I'm just not anybody anymore.  I have my own office with a real door.  God knows what is waiting for me when I go back to Head Office.  Time is going by fast.  We are already October.  Only 8 more months.  I have to start doing more things.

I brought the guides to see the Historial de Péronne a few weeks ago.  It's a very nice museum.  It is worth going for sure.  Here are a few pictures.





Did I tell you that I love my job.  Every session is different and interesting but I love being with young people.  I know that  my brain is at their level, well actually no.  They retain alot more than me.  I just love being there in case they need my help.  Aren't they sweet.  They said I could put their pictures anytime.  I'll give them false name to protect their identity.  You have me, Tic, Tac and Toe.

I just finished putting a wine rack together.  For some reason I have a screw and a little round thing left over.  As long as my wine doesn't fall.  It's the Foire aux vins.  I have to buy them.


So it's another evening, Paula and Stephanie will be on the plane soon. Better continue cleaning the house.  At least their room is ready.  I hope they like to cook.  Good night to all and bisous.  Waiting for that baby to arrive.

3 comments:

  1. WOW my kind of sale!!!! Buy 6 bottles of wine and get 6 free. Keep buying and bring them all home and we will visit lots....By the way I always enjoy a good merlo, sauvignon blanc, pino grigio, OK I basically like them all so keep bying...Glad you're still having fun....Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...I missed you! Went looking at wedding dresses on Sunday! Fun, fun, fun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I/we have missed you! Great update! For a while there, I thought that you did not like to write anymore. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete