Sunday I had to go to 3 ceremonies and lay 3 wreaths. I brought a guide with me so she could have the experience of what it felt like. She loved it. She said it gave her such an important feeling of representing Canada the Student Guide Program. She did great and it was fun. I will not post a picture of her in case she does not want me to, but........here's a picture of me. Yup! I wore my legs for the occasion. It was 28 degres. It was pretty hot.
It is always such an honor to be part of the celebration. My mother would be proud.
Monday, I had to go to Lille to finish the process of my Visa. I now have my Carte de long séjour. I had given myself one hour and 15 minutes once in Lille to find where I had to go. I got to the train station in Arras and the train was late. Tried to get on another train and they said, oh no, c'est avec reservation, it's with a reservation so everyone was turned away. Another train arrived 10 minutes later and it wouldn't leave. I ended up having just 15 minutes once I got there. I ran for a taxi. Yes you read right, RAN. It wasn't exercising so it was OK. I got in the taxi and gave him the address. Well the meter starts at 6 euros 20 and it cost me 6 euros 70, so it wasn't that far. I walked coming back.
So I get to the office where I was suppose to go and had to have a physical. A physical, really. Well I knew that but wasn't ready for this. I go in and the lady says, everything off from the waist up. I said, everything, oui madame Bourgeois. They go by your maiden name. I guess it is easier than pronouncing Webster. After you're done, come into this room. I'm not walking in any room with nothing on. I was kind of looking for something to cover myself. She opens the door and says, vous êtes prête. Non, and she said, vous avez besoin de quoi. You need what. I said a robe. Non, venez ici. Well here I was, half in my birthday suit, and you all know if you're my age that certain body parts are not where they used to be. And if you're not my age, just wait. You will be some day. So I picked them up, OK only kidding. Then she says, put your hands on your waist. Oh this was getting even worst. Down they go. Only kidding again. I had my xray and then got dressed. Fast. Well I must have passed because I now have my Carte de long séjour. My passport is pretty thick and impressive.
Here are a few pictures of Lille. This man and horse must be important, so I took a picture. Then below, the webs, spider webs. All over. I was shaking just taking the picture.
One of the street piétonne in Lille. Lots of stores. It's a nice place to visit also. I had dinner at Les 3 Brasseurs which is a restaurant that also exists in Montreal but the original one is in Lille. Joanne, myself and my aunt Pierrette had supper there when they visited me.
This person is not taking any chances. Nice little chain. Picture below is Palais de Justice.
Now I am back in Arras, walking to my place. Funny I had never seen this before. It is just at my corner, however, they supply poop bags but nobody seems to use them. I took 2. I was running out of garbage bags.
Today I decided to go to town, not that I live out of town. So I'm walking and see this bus. Oh, it says Centre Commercial Beaurains. What! a Centre Commercial that I didn't know about. I didn't have any plans and I had all day so I hopped on. Once there I remembered having been there but only because I got lost one day coming back from work and I ended there. A few neat stores. I had a good time. Then I came home and went to visit Bob. I had bought him a treat. A nice can of tuna. Ah did he ever like me. He greeted me at the door as he always does and I showed him the can. He was almost doing flips. Well not really, Bob does not do much and if he did, flips wouldn't probably be it. He ate that can and wasn't sharing. I had to hide the can from his mother. Bob deserved it. He's a good cat. We talked. I told him I had a black cat called Minime. He said that he didn't like black cats and I said, well Minime doesn't like orange cats that look like Garfield, except Zarabie. And why am I having this conversation with a cat and why am I telling you. I really need a life or good drugs.
Tomorrow it's back to work I go. So have a great evening. I'm getting ready for bed. It's already night here.
Bisous,
Bird
Must add Lille and Canterbury on our list of places to visit next time. What ceremony are the pictures from, and where? The legs look good!!
ReplyDelete