Thursday, 6 September 2012

Thelma and Louise... and other fun things

Monday I went to Canterbury.   I was picked up in a Jaguar, oh ya, in a JAG.  The funny thing is that the wheel is on the wrong side and it feels pretty creepy sitting where the wheel should be.  The rear view mirror was what was getting me.  I wanted to fix it so I could see.  Anyway, we drove to Calais and took the Channel.  You drive into this train and they pack you in like sardines and off you go.  You can feel it going fast.  35 minutes later, you're in England.  Then you really drive on the wrong side of the road.  Here I was sitting, with my new sunglasses on, looking like Pamela Anderson without the boobs, and the lips, and the hair.  OK, well we're both Canadians.

What a beautiful place Canterbury is (as I say this with a British accent).  You are going to Canterbury you say.  Ah, I really do have the accent.  Must be all the British school groups we get on site.  We went shopping.  Bought some shoes (flats, now I have 2 pairs), pants, Christmas gifts for people that I can't say what it is, a book.  I can say that one because he doesn't read my blog, a few groceries.  I know, who goes to England to do groceries............me.  We visited the cathedral and burnt candles.  It is such a beautiful place.  I am going back for sure because I know that Allen would love it and I like the shopping.  I kind of got mixed up with the money when we crossed the border.  I had euros with pounds.  I think the lady figured that I didn't go out much.  Who makes money that looks the same.

It was such a great time.  There we were just like Thelma and Louise, driving in that Jag.  Did I tell you it's a Jag.  It's a nice one.  Smooth ride, as if I know what I'm talking about.  Very happy that I was asked to go.  It was pretty well, shop until you drop or have no more money.  Here are a few pictures.




 This picture is for Jean.  Only kidding.

 The Canterbury Cathedral.  It's a piece of art.  It is worth googling.



Ah, the proof that I was in a Jaguar.  I just don't hang around anybody.  She's a somebody.

Also on the agenda for tonight's blog is last week's bowling night.  Christi was leaving so some of us went bowling.  Those are big balls, but for big balls, I did pretty good.  I WON.  The secret is in the way, ok never mind.  You never know who reads this.  We had a great time.  Thank you Christi for inviting me.

Then on Saturday, Christi's last day here, André and her invited me to go out for supper with them.  The last night that they could be alone and they chose it to have me around.  Those are real pals.  I miss you Christi but will see you soon.


See the size of those balls.  Christi always looking so sweet and André admiring her.


I must say André, you have style.  And then me with more style.  This is how it's done.

And the winner is............................Aurel was really Aurélie but we didn't dare tell the girl that was writing it.


The happy couple, my saviors.  Who could not love those faces.

Sunday at work, this butterfly was flying in the Accueil at Beaumont-Hamel.  I was lucky enough to catch a picture.


I will end my blog with this picture.  I think it speaks for itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment