Sunday, 7 October 2012

The Eagles have landed...finally

Well my company finally arrived on Wednesday night at 8:00. This was after missing their connection in Toronto, taking another plane to Frankfurt Germany and then missing their conncection to Paris.  They were able to get another plane but that arrived at Terminal 1 at Charles de Gaules but made it via a shuttle to Terminal 2 and just had a few minutes to take the train.  When I finally saw them at my door, they pretty well looked like they had been hit by a truck.  We got their suitcases up (I did them them to travel light....and that I had 3 level of stairs but did they listen NO).  But the important thing is they are here now.  However, not before I had eaten all the chips, peanuts, chocolates and started the wine.  Hey, you're late, I start to party anyway.

I did put them to work right away though.  Not my fault they were late.  Work had to be done.  I am a mean person and they will just have to live with that while they are here.  OK, not true, they posed for the pictures.


Paula was the shortest one, so she was the closest to the floor.  She got this job.



Day 2.  They found La Place des héros and went by so many pastry shops that finally after the 5th one, decided to buy something.  Good plan, we had desert that night.  Day 3 was a little more tricky for them.  I told them to take bus 4 to go to Leclerc (a supermarket that sells everything from clothes to tools.  They got there alright.  Left at 4:00 on the number 4 to come back but took the wrong number 4.  So there they go and went by the Carrefour as they recognized it, ah we should have stopped there.  Stephanie figured, well the bus is going to turn right very soon.  I know we're close to Louise's.  WRONG.  It did not turn.  They made it to the bus station which is just beside the train station which they should have gotten off but figured, ah the bus is going to go back on his route by Louise's street, we might as well wait.  WRONG.  First the bus driver made them get off at the terminal because he was having a 15 minute break.  So I can so vividly see them standing right by the bus, dark outside, no phone, just waiting for the bus driver to tell them to get back in.  He did.  But the funniest thing is that his route changed and he was going totally, no where need my place.  He brought them to the Mall in Beaurains.  They stayed on the bus praying I think.  So for somebody that left their first Mall at 6:00, they got to my place at 9:15 and this is making it to the train station, calling me to call them a taxi because at night, taxis are hard to find.  I am so happy that this travelling thing doesn't just happen to me.  I was getting worried so I put a message on facebook:  LOST, 2 hot looking women, walks slow, probably carrying shopping bags.  If you see them, please return to my house.

Yesterday Allen arrived so we now have a car and they are not going anywhere without him.
I must say that they are relaxing.  All 3 or them.  Here is the proof.  I was taking the picture, which means, I was doing all the work.  Kidding.


Allen making sure that my laptop is up to par.  Ya right.  We all know when Allen plays with my computer what happens...


Hello girls, I need help here.  Only kidding.  They offered.


This was our typical French lunch, bread, cold cuts etc.  Again, look at them.  This excuse that:  I'm still on jet lag and I'm tired has got to stop.  Although I can't complain too much, they already gave me 2 gifts.  Might be more too they said.

Yesterday it was pooring rain so we didn't do much but today we are going to VIMY.  I know that they will be very impressed.  We'll post pictures.

Oh, Paula talks to her little boys at night and one said:  Mom, did you buy me anything yet.  If you bought me a snow globe, return it.  I don't want one.  Now where he would get that idea, we don't know but for sure he doesn't want a snow globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment