Wednesday, 30 May 2012

I knew it would work...

Well, well, well.   I knew if I waited long enough, my plan would work.  I hung my living room curtains almost a year ago and I didn't have to iron them.  I knew all the pleats (how the heck to you spell pleats).  Must google it.  Yep, pleats.  I knew that sooner or later they would look nice.  Just trying to same myself some work.   I wouldn't want to overdo it.

The weather has been beautiful.  Very hot.  I don't do good in heat.  So yesterday I bought myself 2 tower fans.  Yes Jean, you are taller than my fans.  I'm trying to make you feel good.  Anyhow, they even have a remote control and a timer.  I'm leaving in luxury here.

In 10 days, it will be exactly one year that I'm here.  Has it gone by fast, ABSOLUTELY.  I've learned so much about alot of things, done things that I never thought I would ever do (DRIVE STANDARD), saw places that I could only dream about.  I've made great friends, love the guides.  They keep me young.  I am one hell of  a lucky person.  I've also learned alot about myself.  That in itself is a gift.  In 10 days, the start of a new year.  I'll be dedicating that year to someone else.  Corinne, the 10th will be a blog for you.  Thank you for letting me dedicate my year to you. I'll say no more.  I'll save it for the 10th.

On June 11th, I'm leaving for Portugal.  It's my sister Diane's fault.  She said, oh you should go to Portugal.  I have friends that went and loved it.  Like the perfect baby sister that I am, I said OK.  Well, nobody told me that it was like 35 degrees there and that it is known for their 7 hills.  Do I look like I want to climb hills...NOT.  So last night I'm surfing the web (I'm talking like a real IT person.  No, not IT like IT IS NICE, IT like I.T.)  Moving on, so I'm searching for things to do in Lisbon and they have Walking Tours.  3 1/2 hours of walking.  But I also found Electric Bike Tours.  You don't have to peddle.  My kind of bike.  I'm sure I'll be able to find lots to do.  I booked a hotel in the city with a view.  It's never like the picture.  I'll see what I get and I'll see what I can talk myself into getting.

It's poppy season.  Driving to work every morning and seeing the poppies is breathtaking.  I'll be taking pictures soon.  Monday driving home from Vimy with André, the car ahead of us hit a squirrel.  It was a red squirrel.  I saw it starting to cross the road and he didn't make it to the other side, so why did the squirrel cross the road, I guess it was to go meet the chicken but poor thing just made it half way.  So I'm in shock (well not really) and André says, well Louise it could have been worst, I could have driven over it and put it out of its misery.  André is always so positive.

June 3rd, André and I are going to see Christi's ballet gala.  Looking forward to it.  She will look pretty in her toutou.

Well on a low note, I found out today that my Provincial Health Insurance in PEI is terminating on June 7th and cannot be renewed that my Mastercard is expiring tomorrow.  But on a high note, good thing for work insurance and VISA.  I can still shop and get sick.  Well I don't want to get sick but I want to shop.

Last night instead of counting sheep, I was counting how many visits I've had since I'm here.  Now remember that I have not been here a year yet.  I had 11 different visits.  I'm counting Allen 3 times but it's still visits.  Unbelievable.  Well they're not coming because I'm a good cook.  So between the company and work, I'm a bit tired so Portugal will be nice.

I'm putting a few pictures.  Here you go.

 Last week, we found this.  Almost 96 years later.  I was very impressed.  I like walking (define walking) and finding shrapnel.  No this is NOT shrapnel.  It's my new hobby.


 Just wanted to show you how small you can get beer here.  I'll soon be able to say that I drank a case of beer.  No I won't but isn't it cute.



I bought these flowers for my back window.  I was going to buy 2 for the front but I'm afraid that they will fall on someone.  Now if I can only keep them alive for the summer.

Well folks, time to say goodnight.  Keep reading, keep smiling, keep going.

Bisous to all of you  XOXOX



3 comments:

  1. Hey Loulou,

    Make sure you get alot of rest in Portugal so that you are in tip top shape for when we get there. So anxious to see you and experience your world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try but it will be a busy week for me as we're getting ready for July 1st ceremony and I have another ceremony to go to. Also going to Belgium with guides for the day. We'll have to play it by ear. Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, already a year! Amazing what you have accomplished in that time! Way to go Loulou! You're still on our list of best place to visit in 2012 or 2013. We'll keep you posted!
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete