So yes all company is gone but I had a great time. Allen is a Saint (not my words) - only kidding Allen. He doesn't read this anyway, and Isabelle, Christiane and Marie-Cri were fun to have around. Now Linda and Jean are arriving on May 21. I wonder what kind of trouble I can get with them.
Zimbabwe (BOB) is visiting me. I asked for a sleepover so I picked him up last night. He matches my stairs so well. He just blends in. He hid under the covers for awhile. The lump gave him away. Then after a nice supper with the new guides and André and Christi, I cam home and he came to bed with me. I'll be putting pictures of him soon. Apparently he meows. I don't hear anything.....
Today I'm going to take on the task of washing the windows, and then, maybe not. I'll see. I received a parcel in the mail and I have to go pick it up at the post office. I can't wait to see it. It's from Marie-Christine. She had a long sleeved kind of t-shirt that I loved but all the ZARA (see I cultured I am, I shop only at the best stores. OK I don't but after doing all the ZARA's in Bruge, I couldn't find one but on their way back to Canada, they spent a day in Paris and found one, so guess who is getting one.....ME.
Ah, as I am writing this, it's raining. I guess I can't wash the windows..... YES, perfect. I'll watch TV.
So a bit of history, Amsterday is old, Bruge is old and Gand is old. That's it for your history lesson. I'm planning my trip to Lisbon, Portugal week of June 11th. I'm going to do nothing, just walk around, eat, drink and relax. I won't be near a beach and that is perfect because I don't do beaches but I'll do the pool thing. I can remember going to Jamaica when I was 24 and little that I knew, the beach beside our resort was a nude beach. I, pure and innocent (this could be a lie about the pure and innocent), however had never seen a nude beach and couldn'T believe it. I was from Campbellton where things like that never happens unless you go to Tide Head beach at night. Not saying that I ever did it, which reminds me of another story but that will be for another time. So I bought myself a big straw hat and everyday I would walk on that nude beach pretending that I was picking up shells (I did end up with 2 buckets of sea shells, like I really wanted that), however all sorts of people were on the beach nude but the one that I remembered the most was this elderly lady, naked as a jay bird, her body parts were not at the same place that mine were at 24, but now, she is the only thing that I can remember and I look like her. Pretty scrary. Good thing Allen loves me.
The poppies will be coming out soon. They are always so beautiful. Right now it's yellow canola fields. It's so beautiful driving to work along the sunken roads and seeing that. So peaceful.
Great still raining, I might dust. Well here are pictures of my trips. Hope you enjoy.
I knew we were on the right way to Amsterday when I saw this vac. Peace and Love. I remember the 70's. They were great years. Some of my friends from Campbellton reading this, can relate.
We had a really nice room. Very clean and I would certainly go back.
How you find your bike in there, I'll never know. But in Amsterdam, bikes run over you. This is only a small bike parking lot.
Amsterdam was so happy to see me that they had people playing tunes for me and animals to greet me. Ah the life of a Canadian living abroad.
This is not BOB. This cat was in the restaurant where I ate the BEST BLT ever. So good that I went to tell the cook. The cat goes from table to table and sits there and beg. Cute looking thing. He likes creamers. Don't tell Allen. Not sure he was finish with his cream.
Well I guess I won't be travelling on bikes.
Allen and I went on a boat ride. Very romantic along with 50 other people.
People actually live in boat houses. They pay taxes, are connected to the water and electricity. I want one.
Again, people performed for me while I had a beer and Allen was my bodyguard. This was pretty funny. She sang Beatles songs which are my favorite. Although when she sang Hey Jude, she was looking at me and if you know the words to that song, well it felt P R E T T Y weird....google the words if you don't know them.
So, we took the elevator. Nice that they tell you. However, you have to remember that this is Amsterdam and there are lots of Cafés, so not sure who are making the signs. They should make them before they go into the cafés. This is how they get people to stay at their hotels. They trap them.
Enjoy your day.
Tide Head beach at night in the 70's ??? Wish I had known you then Loulou, just can't figure out why we weren't better friends back then!
ReplyDeleteLove your stories so keep on blogging!
Can't wait to hear about your adventures in Portugal. Do you know a little portuguese or a tall one perhaps?