Sunday, 27 May 2012

Company's gone...

Linda and Jean are gone.  It was a very relaxing time.  I happened to be off for 3 days so we got up late, watched a movie then we would leave around noon.  I showed them lots.  Then we would come home, eat and watch another movie before going to bed.  Now that is relaxing.  Funny, 3 days off and I went to Vimy and Beaumont-Hamel on 2 of those days.  The sites are my home now.  I feel safe there.

Here are a few pictures of Linda and Jean's trip.  We did a lot of First World War Sites, then Brussels and Gent.  I really enjoy those places because they are not far, about 1 1/2 hour so you can go for the day.  I think that people should hire me as a tour guide.  Talking about guide, my challenge for my second year is to give a real tour to real people.  Not that I give fake tours to fake people but I mean a tour tour.  No Arlene, it won't be to you.  You know too much.  I need someone that knows absolutely nothing so they won't know if I make a mistake.  I gave one to Linda and Jean.  They seemed impressed but they're my friends.

So here we are in Brussels.  It's a nice city.


Here is the famous Mannekin Pis.  Sometimes they dress him up.  To find him, you just follow the crowd.

Jean was very helpful.  He carried our stuff.  It's good to have a man around for things like that.


Ah Linda found another bag.  Great, she can buy more.

If you can't get to the beach, you bring the beach to you.  They even had a surfboard.  This is in Gent.

Lovely picture.  She is saying:  Jean can I buy more and he is saying, just smile for the damn camera.  We'll discuss this later.


And this is why I don't go in the sun..  You're cooked alive.

Well Friday, my bosses got to experience what I have to go through sometimes.  As they were walking on site at Beaumont-Hamel, 3/4 of the sheep got out.  Let me remind you that Madame Louise was not the master mind behind the operation.  She just followed.  There they were both of them, herding sheep.  Now they can appreciate what I do for my country.

Yesterday I was rushing home from work.  I mean, I was slowly driving home because I was going out for dinner and a movie.  I stopped in Bucquoy at The Carrefour because tomorrow is a French holiday.  It's their 5th one this month.  Hello.....I want to be French.  Anyway, as I was putting a few things in the car, a trail of cars from a wedding were going by, honking their horns.  So I leave the parking lot and there must have been a break in the line of cars, because I got out quickly.  And then, right behind me, the rest of the parade.  So here I was stuck in the middle, cars in front and behind me honking their horn, driving like 20 km.  So I ended up honking too, people were waving.  I figured I'd join the party.  I counted 17 cars in front of me.  They all turned to go to La Salle des Fêtes, then 8 behind me.  Where we would go to the Legion or the Curling Club to party, here every village has a Salle des Fêtes.  Talking about Salle des Fêtes, a few weeks ago we had a Mishoui (where they roast sheep over an open fire).  No Madame Louise will not end up on a plate.  Anyway, la Salle des Fêtes where we were, was a church before and it had 2 urinals outside on the wall of la Salle des Fêtes.  I had to go and look twice.  I have never seen that.  The things I experience here.  The knowledge that I am acquiring.  Oh big word.  Can I use that in that sentence.  I'm sure someone will tell me.  Rachelle, can you look that up for me please.  Merci fille.

Last Sunday I was working at Vimy.  It was quite foggy.  Picture no. uno (oh ya, I speak spanish) is at 10:00 am and the second one is at 11:30 am.



Also last Sunday, there was a bike race.  It is called the bike race.  I can't remember.  They were going from Paris to Arras and happened to come through Vimy.



This is outside my window.  Glad I don't have to get out of there.

And now for the piece de resistance.  This evening, I went to André and Christi and they gave me a gift.  It's a bell for Madame Louise.  I was touched.  I met Christi's grand-parents.  Very lovely people.


So now it's time to say adios amigos.  Trilingual.  Who knew.  I will try to keep up with my blogging.  Thanks for reading and please don't give up on me.

Bisous to everyone.  Hi to my new neighbours.  Hope you had a great trip and see you in July.


2 comments:

  1. You are having way too much fun. Not fair! Love the bell for Madame Louise. That was so nice of André and Christy. Too bad they are leaving. Can't you arrange something to prevent them from leaving, like hiring some local bad boys and kidnap them? Come on, think of something!
    Love the pictures, and your commentaries as well. Keep 'em coming! Bonsoir. À la prochaine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lise. I would love to hire someone to kidnap them. I know people. Nice talking to you last night. Have a good trip to Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete