Saturday, 14 April 2012

OK, let me explain.....

Today was the big day.  The sheep were arriving.  11:00 couldn't come quick enough.  I had to get ready to meet my little lady.  Monsieur the shepherd man said that she was black and white.  He showed me the picture but I didn't have my glasses so I said, ah elle est tellement belle.  She is so beautiful.  I couldn't see the color or the size but pretended I could.  He was so proud to come and show me my sheep in his 1 X 1 camera screen.  I didn't have the heart to tell him that I couldn't see her.  Today, I'm looking and looking.  All sheep look alike.  They all follow one another.  I couldn't see any black and white.  So I took all the pictures that I could figuring, well she must be in there somewhere.   After they were in the field Monsieur the shepherd man comes to see me and says, ah votre petit mouton n'y est pas encore.  Your little lamb (even better, I thought I was getting a gros mouton, a big sheep) is not here yet because it's a bit cold and she is only 1 1/2 months.  He has a bell for her and he said, go get a nice ribbon to put around her neck with the bell.  I'll have her here Thursday in the truck and you can hold her.  It's a baby and she's mine.  He says, she'll be the only one that color so you can always see her.  He said he was going to put an elastic around her tail so the tail would fall.   I said, WHY... Well, I was sorry I asked that question.   I had tears in my eyes. I couldn't understand how someone could be so nice and name a lamb after me.  Such a nice gesture.  OK, maybe it's the fact that I whinned, and begged, but still. (No I didn't ask, beg or whine).  So, who's the popular one now Mary had a little lamb.  Stand back and see who follows me to work.  I'm putting pictures as promised, of today's event.   Lots of fog this morning.





The funny person out there that is saying, ah this dog is black and white, Louise can't see anything.  Let's tell her that's her sheep.  Not going to work.  I can tell by the feet.  For some reason, I can hear Karen being sarcastic and saying that...



This one was looking at me funny.  I think he was saying, get that camera out of my face lady.  FUN FACT:  Do you know why some have a blue line on them.  It means that they are pregnant.  Another thing I can put on my resumé.  Sheep connaisseur.


 

So, this is it.  It's been a long day, this Bird's going to bed and counting sheep.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sight. Wish we could have been there. You are so lucky to have a sheep named after you. Can't wait to see her picture. Make sure you are in the picture with her. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sheep named after you, who knows what else will be named after you, a car maybe, a planet, a city......the possibilities are endless. First we start with an animal and next.....Still love reading you. Claire

    ReplyDelete