Wednesday, 18 April 2012

What a night...

Monday, the guides asked if we wanted to go play Lazer Tag.  Well let me tell you, it was fun and I will go again.  I wore my police t-shirt just so they would know who was the boss...(as if that would help).    The funny thing is that André had a navy blue and white striped t-shirt and I had police written on the back and it looked like he was a prisoner and I was escorting him.  The room had black lights so it looked even funnier.  OK, well maybe you had to be there.  Anyway, I told the guides, don't shoot me first, I'd like to last a bit.  They divided us into 4 groups of 4 and in my group, nobody had played before.  So we're running around, (they told us not to run, but who listens to rules anyway), ducking, looking all over, hiding.  It's a pretty good workout.  It lasted 20 minutes. It usually is only 15 but I think the guy took pity on me and thought that it would take me 15 minutes just to figure what I'm suppose to be doing with this lazer gun.  Ah, I was shooting everyone I saw, even in my own team.  Our team didn't win, actually we didn't even make it on the screen but next time we will.  I was wishing that Kevin could see me in action.  Here's a few pictures of us at the arcade before we went into the lazer tag area.



They were competing against one another.  It sure was fun and next time, I'm going to have a plan on how to surprise the bad guy before he gets me.

On a more serious note, I was walking around the Monument at Vimy Monday and along the wall, this beautiful flower was sitting there in memory of a lost soldier.  I had to take a picture.   It was just too perfect.


I just finished skyping with a wonderful friend.  It's always so nice to talk to you Corinne and see your smiling face.  Talking about skyping, Sunday morning, 2:05 am, I get this facetime call (it's like skype but for apple).  I need to put this on my blog because I know that she will be reading this and Marla is cool too.  Karen will be laughing.  Poor Paula, she forgot that there was a time difference.  So I'm trying to get my bearings here (oh, I don't know if that's the word) but I go to bed with my BB, my IPAD, my phone, just in case someone needs me.  Like I could do someting this far away.  So I sit in bed, in the dark (yes it's night here too), try to find my glasses, grab the phone, no it's not that, grab my BB, trying to unlock it, then figured, ah, it's my IPAD so by the time I found it, Paula was gone.  I knew she would feel bad and I knew that she would probably send me a message on my BB.  BINGO.  A message. ah Louise, so sorry.  If you heard facetime, it was me. I forgot the time difference.  Well the next day, Marla is cool and I made sure that we made her feel guitly.  In all honestly, it's OK Paula.  You are not the first one to do that.

Well my red, silky ribbon is ready for tomorrow to welcome Madame Louise.  Monsieur the Shepherd man brought her Monday so I could look at her but I wasn't there.  The guides saw her and said she was so cute.  I bought cat treats because I couldn't find lamb treats.  Last night I googled How to train a Lamb.  The things you find on YouTube.

I bought Velux (blinds for windows on roofs).  My first attempt was Sunday and I wasn't strong enough to put the screws in.  Old wise one thought, I'll buy an electric screwdriver.  Bought that today and all screws went in crooked.  All of them were also only half in.  I knew I should have bought a Black & Decker.  Anyway, finally I couldn't hook the blind in because I had put the whatever silver metal thingy too far in the wood, so I said, screw you.  Allen is arriving Saturday.  So I put up my ugly, brown, 70 euros, hemmed curtain back.

Well I must go get ready for bed.  Already 9:00 pm here.  Hope this weather clears up.  I'm ready for sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. Loulou, a Skype call from you always makes me feel happy, and so blessed that you are such a close friend! While I know this blog must take up a lot of your time, it's wonderful to live this experience along with you. Hello (and a big hug) to Allen for me, please! Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete