Sunday, 1 April 2012

Auto-École for Dummies - part deux

Most of the time, the sequels are never as good but here are some more Rules of the Road in France.  You know I've been driving this road for 9 months and I still love it as much as my first time.  There is just something about the little villages, the sunken roads and the farmers fields that gives you peace while driving.


They have lost a member of the Blue Man Group (google it).  He was last seen crossing the road in Ayette, France.  Pretty far from Vegas where I last saw them.


Oh here's a good one.  For the short people that can't see the signs at normal level, this one's for you.  So Cynthia and I know one person.  Her name has 4 letters, starts with J, ends with N and both middles letters are vowels.  Sounds like Bean.   So J_ _N.  Fill in the blanks.  This is not being mean to her.  It's been going on since 1996.


So here, you get out of your car, go round and round and then get back in and see if you can drive straight.  Good luck.  I've tried it and it's not good.  This is how they know if you are drinking and driving.  I think it's a test.


Lights here are at 2 levels.  Again for tall people and short people.  Here in France, they think of everyone.  Nobody is left out.


You can only pass if you are driving a red car.  I drive white or blue so I stay behind.  


 Like I said before, if they don't like a village, they cross it off.  No it really means that you are outside the village.  Here's a pretty neat house.  I drive by it everyday.  I bet you there are spiders there.  I wouldn't open my window.




 So now to another topic.  Friday, I went to a beautiful ceremony in Moreuil.  I had to lay 2 wreaths on behalf of Canada.  It's an important job I have.  So I wore my skirt only to notice that the bag pipers' skirts were shorter than mine.  Here, take a look.  Oh, I got their permission to post their picture.


I had brought my high heels and was there early so I practiced (yes I did) going down the path with my heels on.  I came back, went to the car and put my flats.  I just didn't trust myself and there were little rocks so I could picture myself breaking my ankle.  I have to be in tip top shape for April 8th and 9th.  After the first wreath laying, we drove into the woods, parked the cars and walked half a km.  Like you all know how I like to walk.......not.  They put me behind the marching band and the flag holders and I was looking good.  We got to this other memorial and it was beautiful.  They had horses doing reanactment and Canadian Flags and everyone wanted a part of me.  Well not really but I would like to think that.  Then we walked (again) where they had the unveiling of a memorial.  The buglers (I don't know how to spell that, the bag pipe guys) played but they somehow lost the trumpet guy.  I don't know.  We walked so far, he could have gotten lost.  Then we walked up further, again, for a little Vin d'honneur.  That's what they call it.  I had orange juice.  Well I really didn't but it was a very moving ceremony.  I was one of the last one to leave.  I could hear people saying, blah blah Canadienne blah blah English blah blah so I turned around and started to talk to them.  First thing they said was how good I looked. NO they didn't.  They should have though.  They said, so you are English Canadian.  I said non, je suis Canadienne Française et je suis Acadienne.  So they practiced their English with me.  They were so cute and friendly.  One man was a retired lawyer.  I just don't hang around anybody.  I have class.  All in all, I loved it and hope to go again next year.


See the Maple Leaf.  Ah, so proud to be Canadian.  Here is the first monument and it's before I laid the wreath.

It was the first time in my life that I used a GPS by myself this week.  How much more can I learn.  I pretty well know it all now.  I loved it and it got me exactly where I wanted to go.  It didn't even tell me RECALCULATE.  Allen said that he was very proud of me.

Today was April Fools and nobody trusted me.  Don't know why.  I would tell the guides something and they would say, ah we're not falling for that.  But I did get one guide.  I told the guides that my boss had cake at the house and could someone please go get it.  Of course they didn't believe me.  So I called my boss and said, OK, call the front desk and tell them you have cake.  So, the call came, poor guide thought, well it must be true.  She wouldn't call and say that.  Out he goes, through the site, going to the house.  The plan was that my boss was going to say...APRIL FOOL... no, here I see him come back with hot cross buns.  She took pity on him.

I have more to post but I will wait until tomorrow or the next day and keep you all guessing.  So again, merci, thank you for reading.  Have a great April 1 and talk to you soon.  Wish you could all be here to experience what I am experiencing.  I am still loving it.  I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment