Friday, 16 March 2012

Back from Paris

Had a great trip to Paris.  Lise and I visited Montmartre and the Sacré-Coeur.   I bought myself a nice little pair of boots and tried to bargain with the guy, plus you could only pay cash but he wouldn't budge.  I'm usually good at that.  Must be losing my touch.  I got to the train station thinking that I had 20 minutes left, however, when I was booking my tickets through the machine (which may I add don't always work - I did 4 machines before I could get my ticket).  It was now 7:46 and the train was leaving at 7:52.  Got my ticket, stopped a security guy that was going by and asked where to catch my train.  He takes my ticket and says, NO. 13, faut courir madame, il est là. I sprinted and jumped on.  It felt weird because nobody else was running for it.  I stayed at the door and this worker went by and I said, eh monsieur, est-ce le train pour Arras.  He said, non madame (the only words that I did NOT want to hear), it's that one over there.  No this could not be happening again.  I jumped off and the whistle blew and I jumped on the only door that was opened.  Door close and there I was standing in first class.  I had made it.  Luck was on my side once again.

I now think that The Pompiers have my telephone number and address in their file.  Lise, God Bless her.  She remindes me so much of my sister because Diane would have done the same.  She was trying to call a 1-800 or 1-866 number from my fixed phone and as soon as you press 1 - 8 it's The Pompiers.  When they answered she said real quick, sorry wrong number.  I say, as long as she didn't call Emergency, I'm safe.  It sure was fun having them here. Gordon didn't get to see Vimy but Lise and I went.  I called for a taxi and this really nice man picked us up.  He was a real guide to us.  He brought us to Notre-Dame de Lorette (google it) and then to Vimy.  We got a great tour then he picked us up.  I kind of put my foot in my mouth when he asked me how old I thought he was,  I looked at him, he said he knew some of our regulars at Vimy who are quite old, so I said, oh you can't be more than 70 - 72 (thinking that I was really doing him a favor).  He said QUOI, WHAT, I'm 63.  How was I going to get out of that one.  I gave him a tip.

Did SKYPE with Diane (not my sister) my cousin.  The poor thing didn't even know that SKYPE existed.  She says that she is not technically incline but I think now that she knows about skype, that I will hear from her.  I hope so.  Maybe she can even bring her IPAD to The Village and I can talk to tante Lorraine.

Well that is my update for now.  Weather is beautiful and the sun is out.  Summer is right around the corner here.  Next visitor, Allen on the 21th, then Isabelle, Christiane and Marie-Cri.  I haven't seen Zina in a long time.  I wish she would come and visit.  Bob won't remember me next time I see him.  It's been awhile too.

I will post pictures later.  My camera went to Bratslavia but I didn't.  Maybe someday.

1 comment:

  1. Had a wonderful time! Thanks so much. I will use the little yogurt cups whenever I eat yogurt or fruit. Might even use them for wine! Who knows! Anyway, they will remind me of Arras. I could easily live there. Also had fun driving around the country side. Get some rest this weekend.

    ReplyDelete