Ah what a week I had last week but it's over, I'm fine and life goes on. I was not too healthy last week and had been feeling sick for the last month. I figured I was coming down with something but didn't know what. Finally I decided to go see a doctor which happens to be just across the street from me. How cool is that. My usual doctor was on vacation and I just couldn't wait. People were telling me that I looked tired and sick so I finally googled doctors in Arras and found one across the street. I love her. She did tell me NOT to go to Emergency though. Funny how this topic keeps coming up. Anyway, kidney infection, time off work, anti-biotics along with 2 other medication and I'm on the mend. I rested alot last week-end. I was really a couch potato. Feeling fine now.
Today I was off as we are switching days off and I will now work on week-ends and have Tuesday and Wednesday off. Well what a day I had. The guides called me at noon and asked if I wanted to go to Noeux les Mines to ski. Do I look atheletic...NOT. Do I look like I exercise...even less, but it was such a nice sunny day that I figured I could do the Après-ski thing in the Chalet. We get to the train station (let it show on record that I was the first one there), and here comes the guides. To save their identity, let me call them, Sylvanna, Andredi, Michaelangelo, Baron and The Blond girl. Well guess what. We missed our train. Not my fault this time or maybe it's because I am bad luck when travelling, however, we took the bus. It's an hour away. This ski hill is something else. You put real ski boots, you have real skis or snowboard and you go up on a tow bar. You are skiing on kind of white bushy carpet (you know the green outdoor carpets that you put on patio desk). Let me tell you, when you fall on that, it hurts. Anyway, they have water jets coming out. You fall, you get wet. The guy that works there said, Madame est-ce que vous essayer, are you trying it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh No. I would like to live longer and I have to be in shape for our big Ceremonies on April 8th and 9th. The guides all went and they had a blast. Everytime they came down, I would yell, April 8, April 9, don't break anything. They were naturals on those slopes. OK, one slope. Baron and Andredi were doing the half pipe, Andredi was doing jumps on the monguls (I don't know if that's the name, sounds like that, they told me but what do I know about skiing). Sylvanna ran into the fence at the bottom and so did Michaelangelo. The blond girl was doing a great job but she didn't last long. It was nice though because she kept me company. I took pictures and videos. Then came the time to leave. We had a bus to catch. For some reason, they didn't make them pay for skiing. I think it was my charm or they thought that I was taking all my children for a day with Mama. We went to McDonalds, yes they have them here too. Love those fries. We then ran to the train station where it closed at 6:30 but the girl told us, oh you can get your ticket from the machine outside. Again, I bring luck when travelling, the machine was broken. Train station locked, no machine, couldn't sell my body because I wouldn't get much. However, luck finally was on our side. The bus arrived, we went in and asked if we could pay and the lady said, oh c'est gratuit. WHAT, it's free. Well she pretty well gave us a guided tour explaining every little town, museum and she even drove by her house (detour just for us). We were the only ones on the bus. Then she talked so much that she forgot to stop in the Town of Avion. See, she was so busy talking that by the time she thought of it, we were in the Town of Vimy. No it is not where the Monument is. I asked her if there was another bus after this one that goes to Avion and she said, no. Hopefully there was nobody waiting and hopefully she still has a job tomorrow. She was a very nice lady. So our day was basically free and we had a great time. Those guides sure treat me well. I don't know why they invite me to spend time with them and do things with them. I must remind them of their mother and they take pity on me. I'm not saying a thing. Just go if I can.
Today I talked to Mirjam and Claudia in Germany. Mirjam is going back to University soon. Allen is in Charlottetown this week and doing things around the house. He put Minime on Skype but she will have nothing to do with me. Oh, we have a cat on Site. Too cute and very friendly. The guides are trying to convince me to take it in. I am NOT. Someone on Site is feeding the poor cat tuna and milk, which you should NOT do, milk I mean. Gives them worms. Gross. Now do you really thing that it will go away. NO.
Big giant news. Some of you know but I now have a sheep that carries my name. Monsieur the shepherd man came to see me this week and showed me a picture of a black and white sheep that he calls Madame Louise in my honour. It will arrive on site with the other sheep on April 14. How cool is that. I asked if we could put a name tag on it and he said yes. It will be the only black and white sheep on site. I will take pictures for all of you to see. Ah people are so nice to me. A sheep, for me. As long as it's not one that we eat at the end of the summer at the Mishoui.
I had a note in my mailbox yesterday from my neighbour (you remember, the one that was having a party that I desperately wanted to be invited to). The note said, Bonjour Louise, would you like to come and have coffee at our place Saturday at 3:00. How sweet. Unfortunately I work so I can't go but I will another time. Oh in other news, my neighbours from across the court yard (yes, I have a court yard) are making me look bad. Every morning when I leave for work, they are vacuuming. Hello, life is too short. Only vacuum when the dust bunnies are rolling around. I must talk to them. Not good.
Well it is getting late. Here are a few pictures of today. Next blog will be the RULES OF THE ROAD here in France.
Ha, who knew that I could put a video. Getting more and more interesting. How much more can my brain learn.
I think the word you mean is "moguls", not monguls! Looks like a lot of fun. So glad the weather has improved. We are back to normal 'cold' temperatures. It was nice while it lasted. Spring will come here eventually!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are on the mend and feeling better. Next time, I will kick your butt, so smarten up!