Sunday, 2 October 2011

It's been a few days

Well for my day off, I decided not to go to Brugge. I checked the train time and I thought it would be safer if I had 2 days, just in case...however, I had a wonderful day. Took the bus and went to Conforama and Gifi and I wanted to do more shopping but they kick you out at 12:00. For some odd reason, they figure they have to eat....for 2 hours. So I hung around McDonalds and decided to take the bus back. I decided to stay on the bus and get closer to the City Center because I now wanted to go to Auchan, the other mall. So got off my bus, walked a bit, looked around and went to another bus stop. It was rush hour so lots of people were waiting for the bus. Got on, found a spot, sitting opposite and that makes me sick. All of a sudden, in between the hundreds of thousands of people on the bus, I see the mall come and go and I stayed on the bus.....right passed the Auchan store. I went by 4 schools, 1 church, 2 hospitals, 1 old people's home, 5 driving schools, so I got to see Arras The Outback. So I am on the bus, with my little cart, my new straw market bag and a bus full of 2482 school kids. OK, not that many but school was out and they decided to get on my bus. I bought a few things ie: 4 clocks so I would know what time it was in France, Charlottetown, Manitoba and Alberta. Bought batteries (Allen would be proud because I usually keep the batteries when they're dead, just in case they are not completely dead. I take after my mother for that). Put 4 nails in the nicely painted wall and hung my clocks. After 2 hours, I could not stand the tic tac tic tac and the worst is that they were not all ticking at the same time so it was continuous. So my new, colored, blue, orange, purple and black XXXXXXX clocks are on my counter. So much for that plan.

Friday I was invited for supper at Andre and Christi. Andre's sister and her husband were here visiting so it was very nice meeting them. She made the best chicken I ever ate. Sorry Lise, it was the best chicken cooked that way, that I ever ate. We had champagne with another liquor in it. It's how they do it in Normandie. Very tasty.

It's been very hot here the last few weeks. I'm not good in heat. For some reason, that doesn't sound good. Do you say, I'm not good in the heat. Whatever, it's hot, humid and I have my fan on in the room. It's October 2nd. It's not suppose to be this hot.

Oh big news, I now can drive standard with one hand on the stick. I even had it in 5th gear. Don't know where I put it after when I go faster. Today I worked at Vimy and practiced on another vehicle just to see if I could drive it. It worked. I just don't know what to do when I just want to leave it going until I open the gate. Right now, I turn it off, get out, open the gate, start it again, drive past (is that how you spell past or is it passed) the gate, park, turn it off, get out of car, close gate, get in car, start it and go. Must be an easier way. I'm just afraid it's going to drive over me. That wouldn't be good. Who would entertain you.

Big step for me today. I had to drive to Vimy with the standard and cross the Tcheck round-about which is a triple round-about. Well I see 3. Must be 5 exits, well I see 5. I thought that I would have to pull a Chevy Chase move like he did in European Vacation when he's stuck on the round-about in Paris going around and around. I made it, not sure how but I did. I managed to get lost again going to Vimy. I went by the toll highway, took an exit and finally found my way. Last week while touring, we went through the toll booth 3 times.

I am a somebody now. The girl working at the 8 a 8 told me tonight that they were closing for 10 days. She said, I want to make sure you know because you come here everyday and I wouldn't want you to walk here for nothing. I felt privileged that she would tell me that. I didn't hear her say that to anybody else in line. Just me. I'm important. They like my money.

Talked with Rachelle last night on Skype. I know that she would want me to tell everyone. It was nice Rachelle talking to you. By the way, I like your hair. Allen is home for 10 days so I'm going to give him my list of things that I want him to buy so Berthe can bring them to me when her and Claire come in 2 weeks.

Well it's 9:05 pm. Must make a few phone calls and facetime and see what's happening in Manitoba and Charlottetown. Might try Campbellton too. Tonight, while walking back from the 8 a 8, I was looking at the moon and thinking of how many other people that I know was looking at the same moon. It's a small world after all. So nighty night everyone and wishing that all your dreams come true.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry I missed your FaceTime call. I was downstairs making supper and left the iPad upstairs. For the standard car, you can leave it running while you go open/close the gate. It is quite simple. Stop, put the car in 'neutral', put the parking/hand brake on, take foot off the clutch, go do what you have to do to the gate, come back, put the car in gear, undo the hand brake and off you go. Its that easy.
    Been raining 'cats and dogs' for 2 days and there is nothing but rain in the forecast for the rest of the week! Yuk! Glad you are having some nice weather. Enjoy and no complaining!!
    Talked to Diane today. Now I'll get back to my sewing/quilting projects. Good night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at the same moon, and I knew that all of you in Europe would do the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were at Mirjam's new place for the weekend and while I was driving home on the autobahn last night, Dominik and I were also admiring the beautiful crescent moon that seemed to lead us the way back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of us admired the moon on Sunday night! Bringing us a bit closer together in this small world of ours.
    Fall has arrived and the leaves are in full colour but there seems to be less red and more orange than I recall in the past!
    Are the colours as vibrant near Arras this time of year?
    Probably didn't see too much scenery with thousands of kids on the bus with you :-)
    great talking to you on Skype, hope you feel better soon!
    love you,

    Becky

    ReplyDelete