This is André and Christi. She's a mean one when she wants.
OK, not my best shot but it's halloween. I can look this way.
My branches from behind Claudia and Werner's house in Germany.
Here are a few friends that came to celebrate with us. OK, these are the only people that came to celebrate but it was fun.
Tomorrow I have the day off. I am going to do nothing just like the picture below of my two friends that came to see me and left me all alone because they were so busy playing with MY toys. I thought I was good entertainment but I guess my gadgets are better. Of course after they read this, they will say that I did nothing and they did all the work. They did cook supper for me ONCE.
And this is why I couldn't blog. These pictures speak for themselves. I think this was the time when I was scrubbing the floors or was it when I was washing the walls. Can't remember!!!
I would love to put a picture of my friends in Germany but I'm not sure if they would want me to. Maybe if they read this, they will let me know.
Oh I must tell you. Friday after Berthe and Claire left, I went to Gifi to buy stuff for my party. I'm in there and this lady comes right to me and says, oh madame que vous avez des beaux yeux bleus. Oh madam what beautiful blue eyes you have. Then she puts her hand on my face and starts rubbing it and says, did you always have such blue eyes. No lady, they used to be purple but I changed them today so they would match my outfit. Like what was with her. So then she says, your husband is so lucky to have you, as she now had both hands on my cheeks and was softly rubbing them. She says, what sign are you. I was pretty well freaked out by now, OK, please men in white jackets, come and take her away. Then she rubs my shoulder and back and keeps on saying, you have such nice eyes. So I am thinking, hey, Madam Freaky, I don't want to be your friend, I have friends. Get your own. I started to walk away and she turned around and went in another aisle. Further down, this woman with a young child (maybe 3 yrs old) is telling her daughter about how this lady came to her and said, who is this child. The lady said he's my grandchild. So Madam Weirdo says, your face doesn't tell me that your his grandmother. I speak up and tell the young woman and her mother, ya she came to me too and freaked me out. Why is there never anyone with me when things like this happens. And yes, this is a true story. I couldn't make up something like that. It was scary and weird. She also asked my age and told me that she was 71. I think that I might need a bodyguard.
Here in France you can buy bread anywhere. Even in vending machines. On our trip to Amiens, Berthe, Claire and I saw a machine and bought croissants and chocolate bread. For 2 euros you get 3 of each. I of course, being a woman living in France and so knowledgable in the world of French Cuisine, have seen these machines before. There is one on my way to work but I have never stopped.
I'm adding pictures of things I have mentioned in my previous blogs. As you all know Allen had BROKEN my laptop and I couldn't put pictures via IPAD so here are a few of them. Hope you enjoy. Will blog tomorrow. Thanks for reading and HAPPY HALLOWEEN. Oh somebody asked me on facebook why I had so many clocks. Well one is for France time, the other Charlottetown and the bottom one for Manitoba. I had put them up before but the tic toc tic toc was driving me crazy but when Berthe came to visit, she put them up straight this time. I have tuned out the tic tocking.
I haven't mastered the art of adding pictures where I want them so you will have to be patient. There are more to come.
This is Zina the princess who I babysat for a week-end.
I miss Minime so I got the next best thing.
Nice to talk and see you last night. Enjoyed your blog and the pics. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteHmm, be careful out there Louise! Maybe go in disguise the next time you go to Gifi! (Peter Sellers of the Pink Panther comes to mind)
ReplyDeleteWe had more than the usual amount of kids at our door last night. Must have been at least 30. Great costumes that stood out were a box of smarties, a box of Q tips (they were together), Snow White and Little Red Riding Hood. A little princess, not more than 3 years old, did not like what I had given her so she just stuck her hand in the bowl and took what she wanted. Se has the princess attitude all figured out!
I was acting solo at the door as your brother has injured his left ankle from a fall last Saturday night and refuses to have it looked at. There is a hockey game tonight with Les Canadiens so he may be tempted to crawl out of the bedroom to watch the game downstairs. I'll let you know how it goes but I must say Nurse Ratchet is losing patience.
have a good week Louise,
love you