Today I had the day off with a lot of good intentions. I was going to do laundry, clean the upstairs, go get a new cord for my Ipad because it takes forever to charge, do groceries and see a movie. Well I got up came downstairs and that's when it happened. My body saw the couch, sat on it and never got up. That was it. I was done. I played mahjong and I know I am hooked because whenever I close my eyes, I see little tiles everywhere. Now if I try to catch them, please send men in white coats.
I can now confirm that my upper body is too heavy for my lower body. When we were in Venice and Rome and walking everywhere, my knees were just about giving up. It has to be my boobs. I can't see anything else it could be. Maybe it's the 4 bags of groceries, a purse, my work bag and a 6 pack that I bring all in one trip because I park too far and don't have the energy to do a second trip. When I say 6 pack, I know most of you think that it's a 6 pack of beer. No it's a 6 pack of diet coke. The beer is already in the house along with the wine.
Went to the movies the other night and there was quite a line up. 50 shades of Gray is playing here in French. No I have not seen it and no I have not read the book. I went to see Maman/Papa but there was an elderly couple (yes older than me). I'll come back to elderly in a minute. However, I got my ticket and they asked the lady at the cash in French of course: What do you suggest? Maman/Papa ou 50 nuances de Gray. The lady said, well one is a comedy and the other one is a romance. I think she forgot to saw a word....EROTIC. Well I didn't see them in my theatre so I guess they went for the romance one. Not sure, but I think I saw them after the movie and the old man was looking for a whip. Talking about elderly, well when I came here 4 years ago, guides would tell me that I reminded them of their mother, now guides tell me that I remind them of their grandmother. Not good although in my opinion, grandmothers are always cute. Not sure if you know, but Natasha, Allen's daughter and her fiancée are having a little girl so I will be a Mamie in May. I already bought clothes and I will talk to her in French so it will be out secret language. I am very excited. I'm trying not to show it. Not working.
Ella has her own board. Allen bought a long board and stapled carpet on it and now she can go up to the beams. I'll put a picture up. She loves it. She goes up and down. I put a q-tip up there and there she goes flying up and picking the q-tip in her mouth and brings it back to me. Pretty smart cat. She plays the victim a lot I find. She will do this little voice imitation of: please come, I need help, so I get up and go see her and she is hiding in the tub and wants to play or behind a door with her little paw out of the crack wanting to play. I don't have time for this. I need to play mahjong. I'm at level 18. It's important. Anyway she will do that about 10 times and all 10 times I get up. Allen says that I'm the sucker. Well everybody knows that the cat rules. We are just their staff. When we were in Venice, this man was sitting at the bottom of the 2075 bridges that you have to cross (help me God, if I go back. Please give me new knees), anyway he had 2 cats with him. So of course I stopped and he said, oh this one is a Chartreux. It's a French breed. I said is it now. I have a Chartreux too. Then he said, ah well, ahhhhhh this one is a mix. I thought yep, it was mixed with something because yours has white paws and white on the back. Poor man, I gave him money just the same. Sucker I am.
Oh another thing, I went for a brain scan and I think they found brains but were not sure so they sent me for an MRI and they have confirmed that they have found brains. They had to dig deep but they found them. I should have asked that they look for a few mahjong tiles. I keep missing some but all is well in the head department. I just keep getting chronic middle ear infections which makes me nauseated a lot but Gravol is my BFF. Tonight I am going out for supper with Lisette my side-kick and 2 guides. We are going to Carpe Diem, my new favorite place for ribs. Went to a guide party Saturday night and it was a pyjama party so I wore my onesie. They thought I was pretty cool. Not as cool as Marla but thank you Shannon for the onesies.
I almost hit another rooster last week going to work. They just cross the street whenever they want. 2 of them. I thought, oh no, not again. Poor rooster, after I'm done with them, they no longer cock-a-doodle-do, because they are cock-a-doodle-dead.
Well it is now 6:00 pm and I have done nothing so I better get ready for supper. I am off again tomorrow so maybe I'll be more motivated, but then maybe not.
Just for your information, I did this blog on Tuesday but couldn't find how to put the pictures from my blackberry. So it is now Thursday night and just got back from the Pizza Club, yum yum and the weather is wet, cold and dark. Why people decide to dress up as asphalt so I can't see them, I do not know. They are all in black and come out between the cars. I think I'll have to put a sign on the roof of my car that says: KEEP ON THE LEFT, RIGHT EYE DOESN'T SEE. Whatever, I'm home now so people on the street are safe.
Here are a few pictures. We had snow last week but we didn't get a snow day. Damn. Also when I told 2 of my boys at work (my guides) that I had a tattoo they were my little lambs, they went home and drew themselves a tattoo at the same place that I have mine. Isn't that cute. The little darlings.
Thanks for reading. You'll hear from me in a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment