Thursday, 2 January 2014

Houston.....we have contact.

Well it took me pretty well all yesterday and part of today to get back on.  I could not find my password or username but perseverance and checking all notes I had on my IPAD, and my notepad, I was able to find it.

So where did I leave you all hanging.  I believe it was the rooster that is cock-a-doodle-dead.  That was in October.  Well no rooster vision since then however, every time I drive up to Vimy, I still look.  You never know.  He could have a chicken that has it out for me and that would be the answer to the famous question:  why did the chicken cross the road.  To get even with the one eyed driver that killed the bird.

Allen was over and painted the apartment again.  He did all the upstairs and it really looks nice.  Gee that man works well.  I always knew he was good to marry.  Those Souris guys pretty well know how to do everything.  I think that this will be the end of the painting for him in my apartment.  I think it was the swear words that he was using that kind of gave it away, and plus, he had Ella as supervisor and she ended up being yellow and blue.  Well I kid you not, the ladder was up and Ella climbed the steps and you know the flat surface where you put your can of paint, well Miss Ella was there and she was eyeing that top step and she decided to go for it.  So just like in the movies, she grabbed the bar, swang back and forth twice, went all the way around and fell to the floor.  Allen and I just laughed and couldn't believe it.  I think I will register her in Cirque du Soleil - A la Cat or Harvard.  She is quite entertaining.

Went on my mystery trip for my birthday which was in July but we went in November.  Arlene, Renee and I decided that for our birthdays we would travel somewhere.  We could either pick where we wanted to go or not know.  If we picked the place, what we did while we were there was a mystery.  So we went to London.  It was an awesome trip.  The first night they brought me to Wimbly to see a soccer game.  83,000 people.  Nobody I knew though.  I didn't think that a soccer game could be so exciting.  I was cheering for the wrong team in the beginning because I liked their uniform better but I asked the man beside me and yup, I was suppose to cheer for the white team.  Arlene kept saying the names of the players like she knew them.  Oh no. 4 is so and so, no. 10 is this guy, like really, you know soccer.  I was impressed.  Well not really because I met Guy Lafleur in person and sahe didn't.  My hotel room was the party room.  Renee and I are great dancing partners.  I have to lead though.  Arlene is the singer.  Then we went to see Let It Be - The Beatles at the Savoy hotel.  I knew every song.  And we shopped, and shopped and drank wine and beer.  Arlene is the only one that can hold her liquor, so she says.  Went to the museum.   I didn't meet the Queen though.  I was too busy and I didn't have time to babysit Prince George, again....to busy.

Came home on December 17th just in time for Kevin's birthday.  Now that I think about it, I didn't see him at all for his birthday.  He was working and I only arrived at 1:45 am.  I was in Toronto for 10 hours.  Made my way to the Maple Leaf Lounge.  By the time I left, I knew pretty well everyone in the Lounge, knew how to pour draft beer (there's a way to do that you know) for others, listened to a depressed woman that was going to Jamaica for Christmas as she didn't have any friends.  Well girl, don't look at me.  I have friends and I've already been to Jamaica.

Christmas came and went.  Again this year Santa was good to me.  23 gifts under the tree.  Still had the most.  I told everyone, next year, just wrap boxes.  No need to put anything in.  I just get over excited, out of body experience, just tearing the paper.  I become somebody else.  Natasha, Allen's daughter got engaged a few days ago to a cute guy Jamie.  That was exciting.  Catherine and Peter (another cute guy) were here to open gifts too.  Kevin tried to fool me again by putting jars or rice in my gifts so I wouldn't know what it was.  Ah, you have to get up quite early to fool this old bird.

Monday I am leaving for Ottawa where I will meet for the first time in person, my brother Marc, my sister-in-law Helene (sorry, can't find my accent on this computer), and my niece Mireille and 2 nephews Daniel and Jean-Philippe.  Everytime that I talk to Marc on Facetime, I'm in my pjs because in France it's 6 hours later.  I don't think he knows that I have clothes.  I'm bringing my finess to meet him.  And to add to this excitement, I will see Andre and Christi.  I'll be staying with them for a few days.  Ah how I miss them.  Hoping to see guides and Judi.

Flying back to France on January 16 where a new batch of guides will be arriving for the Winter session.  God I hope they like me.  It will soon be 3 years that I'm in France.  Time has a way of flying by.  My little Ella is staying with Arlene so not sure in what kind of shape she'll be in when I get back.  I mean Arlene.  Ella, well she's just a piece of work.  She was eating paint last week Arlene said.  I bet she is missing eating her bread and nutella.  No wonder she bounces off the walls.

Well I don't have any pictures this time because I haven't figured it out yet.  I'm darn lucky I was able to find my blog.  So on this note, dear readers, I will wish you a Happy New Year with lots of love and health.  My new year resolution is to blog as often as I can and keep you posted on my adventures. 

Nice to be back. 

1 comment: