Saturday, 4 January 2014

My session at CrossFit...

Before I tell you about my day at Crossfit, I must tell you that yesterday, I spent 5 hours at outpatient.  I'm not feeling that great and it's lasting quite long, so Go to Out Patient Allen says or I'll tell Kevin and he'll bring you.  Because I have been out of the country for more than one year, I have to pay if I go see a doctor in Charlottetown.  Well.....just to see a doctor cost me $684.00, and that was no tests or xrays.  Those were extras.   WHAT I said.  So I asked which doctor was on call.  When she told me, I thought, oh he is cute, yup, it was totally worth the money.  However, after 5 hours waiting, then asking when my turn was, she said well, come back in 2 hours.  So I did and when I got there she said, ah.....it will be another 3 hours at least.  Well I took my money and ran.  Yes they did reimburse me but this is why Insurance is so important.  My International insurance would reimburse me but it is pretty expensive.  So I decided to wait until I got back to France to see my doctor there.

Now for the interesting part.  Kevin told me earlier this week that CrossFit PEI was having a free tryout on Saturday and that I should go.  Well you know me, I like to please and just couldn't say no.  I really didn't have a good excuse not to go, except for the fact that I was not feeling that great.  So I had to prepare myself mentally.  First I had to accept the fact that I would probably be the oldest, well I knew I was going to be the oldest.  I'm always the oldest so that wasn't hard to accept.  Then I thought, well I need a Sport Bra.  I can't be scaring people with boobs going North, then going South.  Well those bras do not come with instructions.  First you have to squeeze into it and that's a workout by itself.  Then how did I know that you should put a boob to the right and a boob to the left.  I put everything in the middle.  I had a crack or cleavage or whatever you call that.  Of course I only noticed after I came back home, that putting both boobs in the middle creates an oval chest.  I had one of Kevin's batman t-shirt on and poor batman was pretty well in 3D.  Oh God, people saw me.  It was not pretty.  Then I had to shave my legs because my workout pants just went below the knees.  Workout pants, like I have those.  No, they were just sweat capris.  When I got dressed for this, I was shoving rolls and folds into my sport bra and pants.  Anywhere it would fit.  This was a 4 day preparation.  There's work to doing CrossFit.  Anyway, we got started.  We were 6 newbies.  We did a WOD (that's Crossfit talk).  I think it means Webster on Drugs because by the time I got out of there I needed something for the pain.  Kidding.  No pain.  We did push ups, well they sent me to do them on the wall because I wasn't getting anywhere on the floor.  Much easier on the wall, then we did squats.  Once down I couldn't get back up so I didn't go all the way down.  Then we did a thing with a big ball.  Mine weighed 10 lbs and I had to lift it up over my head, bounce it on the floor bending my knees.  I think I was getting good at that.  We also did something with a bar but I didn't have weights on mine.  It's the coordination of bend knees, jump, butt out, lift.  I'm just not getting it right now.  The last thing we did was sit ups.  Good thing they put something for your back because I can't do sit ups.  After the first set, I was white as a ghost and seeing stars.  I felt like I was going to faint.  I couldn't let that happen.  I'm no quitter however I had to sit down and rest.  That was after 3 push ups and 3 ball thing and it was only the beginning.  I composed myself and the support group that I had was awesome.  I finished just like the rest of them.  I was proud of myself and I think Kevin was too.  If they had a BOX (another crossfit term, getting pretty good at this) in Arras, I might just go.  OK, I wouldn't.  Now I understand why everyone is on the floor moaning after they are done.  What a work out. Kevin had loaned me his Batman t-shirt because I'm Batmom.   It was awesome.  I still can't believe that I did Crossfit.  After I got home and slept for 2 hours, I felt better.  Now I understand why a lot of people love Crossfit.  The support and determination that they have, make you feel great.  I would certainly consider joining (in my other life).  The important thing is that I went, I did it and I achieved.  I was certainly not as good as the others but I worked hard and did my best.

Tomorrow I'm going up West to visit Claudette and Theo.  I always enjoy seeing them, and of course Benjamin, Melissa and Greg will be there too.

OK so that's it for tonight.  Time for bed.  Thanks for reading and will blog again soon.

Bird


No comments:

Post a Comment