Well today the sun came out. That was a change. I hadn't seen it for months and all of a sudden, there it was. I can almost take my Gortex off although in the morning we have frost. It's almost time to wear my legs. Oh I hope this bunch of guides tell me I have nice legs. So I'm sitting here tonight in my living room just finished playing The Weakest Link and Are you Smarter Than a Fifth Grader on my IPAD. Truth be known, that I wouldn't do too good on a game show. So I'm playing on my IPAD and then I got bored so I called Allen and no answer, then I check facebook to see what Margo put as a status. She cracks me up. So I started to think, hum...things you shouldn't do with an IPAD or phone or anything else for that matter. Here's a list. Now if you're going to sit there and read this, tell me that you have never done this. Let's see...
- do not call somebody on the phone when you're in the bathroom and flush while talking to them. They'll know. They can hear the flushing;
- do not press redial and think you are calling a certain person and somebody else answers and then pretend that you were really calling them. They'll know because you'll be all mixed up with your words and your story;
- do not facetime or skype with somebody while you're putting your pyjamas on, they'll see you and it can be pretty scary.....for them;
- do not facetime or skype and forget that you are in the bathroom. They can see where you are. Usually the toilet tank is a good clue;
- do not facetime or skype with somebody while you're waiting for the connection and you can see yourself in your IPAD and looking to see if you have hair up your nose....not attractive;
- do not answer your phone at 3:00 am and when asked if you were sleeping, you say no. You sound groggy (not sure how you spell it but it's pronouced GRAW-GY.), you don't know where you are. Who's not sleeping at 3:00 am, but then who calls you at 3:00 am.;
You know, all these things we do without thinking. OK, I do without thinking. But seriously has it ever happened to you.
I'm missing another snow day. Darn. André will be glad. I put my parka away. If I freeze André, I will know who to blame. Oh, I got the cutest picture on Valentine's day. No, not from Allen. He doesn't do pictures well he says. It was a picture of Christi and with her hands, she made a heart and asked me if I wanted to be her valentine. Now how sweet is that. I printed it Christi. You better not have sent it to anyone else. ha ha kidding.
My new fridge is arriving Friday. Ice cream will be on the menu Friday night and a trip to Picard. Tonight I made a salad and it was so big that I had to eat it from my salad bowl. My plates were not big enough. It was yummy. My new and improved way of grocery shopping is that I bring one bag, fill it and then I can't buy anymore. I don't know why I never thought of that before. Again, I'm a genius. No more lugging 4 bags and having to stop at every 10 feet because it's too heavy. I've tried holding 3 and pushing 1 but people kind of stare at you, and they know who you are. You have a uniform that says Canada all over.
Tomorrow I am off for the day. I'm doing another split shift this week so on the agenda is: NOTHING. Might not even get dressed until night. But that's because I have nothing to wear and I have to do laundry. I need a maid. I feel one arriving around April 16th.....Oh my leaving the vacuum out to scare the dust bunnies, worked. Haven't seen one in a week. I must buy another vacuum for the upstairs now. I saw lots there yesterday.
I'm not doing too well for Lent. I cheated the first day then day 3. I was giving up diet pop. Apparently aspertame is not good for you. Who knew....So I've decided to give up eating cheese whiz. Shouldn't be too hard. There's none here. Again, I'm a genius for thinking of that. Gee I live a boring life. OK, before you all jump on me and say, YOU'RE LIVING IN FRANCE. I do not live in Paris, I work hard. I am not on vacation. I have no family here. But what an experience. One that I'll never forget.
Taking care of Bob (not you, human Bob, my karaoke partner) Bob the cat. He's quite the cat. He's a good cat and a beautiful one. I have to say that, the owner might be reading this. Kidding, if you are, I love Bob (yes Bob the human, you too).
Well 9:45 pm. Time to play Bingo on my IPAD. I don't even like Bingo. Anything more than 2 cards and I'm lost. So goodnight everyone. I have pictures to put, but not tonight.
I wish I had known about this Skyping etiquette while I was in France, but I had to learn the hard way...
ReplyDeleteomg i am famous!!!!!!!! just saw this now, been busy with ma having the stroke and losing an aunt. boy oh boy, your words warm my hard little heart. thank you, loulou. and i love making you laugh!!!! schroeder sends his love.
ReplyDelete