Saturday, 9 June 2012

I'm getting one of those...

Today there was a Classic Car Rally.  I could just see me behind the wheel, now that I drive standard.  The organizer and his wife offered me tea or coffee and a croissant.  I was waiting for them to offer me a car.  What's with this tea and coffee bit, I don't even drink the stuff.  Anyway, I declined but it was nice of them to ask.  OK, the truth is, I really don't like cars but everyone there seemed to, so I had to play the part and pretend that I knew stuff.  I wouldn't know the bumper from the spoiler.  They sure were shinny. Take a look.  My favorite is the last one.  I can totally see me in there.






Oops, how did this one get in there.  I can be classy too.


Also this morning, I was in the Visitor Centre and 2 Canadians came in.  I said hello / bonjour and they said Hi.  So I asked, where are you two from.  One said from the North Shore of New Brunswick.  I said WHAT.  There's no shore like the North Shore I said.  She was from Dalhousie, NB.  I said well I'm from Campbellton.  Then I asked if she went to the Post Office in Dalhousie sometimes.  She said, absolutely.  Well this was getting better.  I asked if she knew Philippe Bourgeois.  She said, ah yes, he was the most friendly and polite guy there but he's retired now.  She said do you know him.  Do I know him, he's my brother.  So we then had a group hug.  The guides were smiling probably thinking, what are we going to do with her.  She knows everyone.  Her and her sister were travelling and decided that they couldn't leave without seeing Vimy so they hopped on the train from Paris and came for the day.  What are the odds.

Later in the day, I made my way to Beaumont-Hamel.  It's poppy time.  The most beautiful flower in my mind.  They grow wild all over.  They seem to bring such peace when you look at them.




And these are just a few of them.  They are along the road, quietly blowing in the wind.

So this was today's blog and tomorrow is a special day.  My one year in France. Remembering how when I got to Toronto on June 9th (today) and met my sister Diane, I told her:  I don't want to go.  I'm terrified.  And as a big sister, she said, you'll be fine Loulou.  I'm with you.  And that she was.  She cleaned this apartment from top to bottom, oh how I miss her.  The place has never been the same.  Only kidding Diane.  It's a good think I had you.

So all of you out there, enjoy the rest of your day, keep smiling and be happy and too bad you're not me because I'm in France and you're not.  You know that I'm only kidding.  I try to keep you entertained.


No comments:

Post a Comment