As I said, it was a good thing that I was eating alone.
These last 2 weeks have been very busy. My boots and shoes are pretty well ruined from walking in the fields. Of course I didn't clean them when I got home so the mud was all dryed up the next day. I had to take a knife to them and I still don't have them all cleaned. Good excuse to buy new boots and news shoes. Last week for the sales. Up to 75% off so tomorrow, I'm hitting the stores. I am off for the next couple of days so I'll have time to go check things out.
Last Sunday, I achieved my goal. I said I would stay in pyjamas all day and I did. However, I got caught. Here it is 4:00 in the afternoon and knock, knock, knock. I thought, I'll just play dead. No, that wasn't going to work because you can hear everything in the hallway, so I knew they could probably hear my TV. So I opened the door, pj's and all, slippers, no make-up (I know, I know it's hard to believe that I need make-up. I only put blush on, I'm really au naturel). So I had a blanket and pillow on the couch, a few dishes in the sink. It was no time for company. There standing out my door, holding a gift for me were my neighbours from across. The ones that had the party that I so desperately wanted to be invited to. How could this happen. The one day that I don't get dress and there they were. I couldn't invite them in. I was in my pyjamas. I don't look good in pyjamas. They hang, my body hangs. You get the picture. I excused myself for looking the way I did, telling them that I had worked 6 days and spent 2 in the fields. For some reason, they just didn't understand what I meant. They said, oh nous voulions vous donnez un petit quelque chose pour le Nouvel An. We just wanted to give you something for the new year. How sweet is that. I had something for them also, Thank God. I told them that I would invite them soon for a glass of wine. They said, oh nous ne buvons pas. We don't drink. OK, foot in mouth. I thought everyone in France drank wine. I said, no worries, we'll have juice and we can talk. After what they saw, I doubt they'll want to come over. We exchanged gifts and asta la vista baby. I closed the door. Now is that not the most pathetic way to greet neighbours. I think that I should move.
Well I thought that it was cold in The Pas, Manitoba, but my gosh it sure is cold here. I think that I will stop shaving my legs just to keep warm. It goes right through you. Tonight I went out for supper with Christi and André, (you will think that this is all I do, eat, drink and be merry), well you're not far. I had my parka on with my scarf over half of my face and André was jealous. He wished he had a nice, downfill coat like mine. I could tell. He's not getting it. He can freeze, I'm not. Good thing he had a hat on because I was going to send him back home to get it and tell his mother, Ontario Louise. Imagine in this kind of weather with a peako coat. Is that what you call them. Anyway living here, you need a parka. I kinda looked like the Michelin man though, the more I think about it. Today, you don't need to worry about walking on dog poop because it is so frozen that if you walk on it, you risk spraining your ankle. I can see myself wobbling into the Emergency at the hospital (because we all know that they want to see me there), and saying sorry but I fell off dog poop. OK enough of that. Next subject. We are expecting snow on Sunday. People are worried. 2 inches is alot. We'll see. Might have a snow day.
Oh, I have my plane ticket to go to Germany in a few weeks. It will be nice to be among great friends. Maybe Claudia will make me little sausages like we had before. Not the big, ugly, white ones that Diane ate at the restaurant, just the little Nuremberg ones. Hopefully she is reading this and will get the hint. I'm looking forward to seeing Oma. We will be picking up Mirjam from university while I'm there so I'll get to see her apartment.
Well it's that time again where I have to sign off and go to bed. I get to sleep in tomorrow. I'm going to go find boots and catch a movie with Christi. That should keep me busy. Sleep tight and stay warm.
Love the pictures. Next time buy the bag of wings for 4 to 5 persons so you can have a good feed. Like your frog friend for dinner... C
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIt's the biggest bag they have. As you know, things are different in France. My frog is very good company. Hope you are having fun.
DeleteI wonder what the bag of wings would look like if your were in Texas? So sad about your shoes and boots.
ReplyDeleteHave fun shopping and stay warm!
love you
Shop till you drop!! And bundle up!
ReplyDeleteIt's very cold here, too. About minus 20 at night, minus 15 during the day. This is absolutely cold for western Europe... I'm looking forward to seeing you in 2 weeks. Love you!
ReplyDelete