Friday, I received an invitation for Thanksgiving supper with the guides for Sunday. I thought it was very nice of them to invite me. We were going to be 16. I asked what I could bring and they said, oh nothing, you're our guest. Ah the little darlings. They are well brought up. Of course I said no. So finally they said, OK you bring dessert. One cute guide said, well you can bake something chocolaty. Ya right, like that was going to happen. I don't bake at home, I'm certainly not going to start here. We're in France. Who bakes. Anyway I went to the bakery and bought a nice cake. They tried to get a turkey but here in France they are not as common as in Canada. So they ended up buying 2 huge chickens. They were turkeys want to be. I was told to arrive at 9:00. Was that with my pyjamas....I go to bed at 10:00. We had a wonderful evening. Just don't get the part where first I'm the guest then I'm doing dishes. While I was there, I thought well if I couldn't be with my family for Thanksgiving, I was thankful that I was with 15 kids, dancing around and feeling just as young as them.
Company is arriving soon. Tomorrow will be my cleaning day so the house looks good when they arrive. Apparently Berthe's suitcase was 47 pounds and most of it is STUFF FOR ME. How cool is that. OK not as cool as Marla but FOR MOI. Went shopping today and bought a foot rest that you can put stuff in like blankets or anything that you want to hide. Just 12 euros. Cheaper than my ugly looking brown son of a gun hemmed curtains. Oh I have to let it go. Today I bought clips to try to dress those things up. Berthe has taste and good ideas, she'll figure something out while Claire and I sit back and drink wine. Wish Diane was here, she could help me with the cleaning. Actually she could do it all. She likes feeling wanted. Well Diane, you are wanted right now. I must give Claudia and Werner a call in Germany. See I have friends in other countries. Oh ya, real friends. I'm wishing that Johannes is doing well in India and that Mirjam enjoys university. Kevin, if you're reading this, I bought you 2 Christmas presents already.
Tonight I cooked. I bought this chicken already spiced and you put it in the microwave. Well the instructions said NE PAS SORTIR DU FOURREAU. Do not take out of the Fourreau. What in the name of god is a fourreau. Well I slammed that in the microwave for 4 1\2 minutes and it looked good. I figured oh please God, don't make me sick. I can't go to Emergency. They don't want to see me there and I don't have a doctor. I made (yes myself) red and green peppers, onions, mushrooms, made a little sauce with it. I was trying to add a little vinegar (how do you spell vinegar) but I couldn't figure out how to open the cap. I know, you all think it's easy, well it must be a baby proof cap because I still can't open it. I ate that with pasta. Leftovers for work Thursday. They will be impressed.
My laptop should be here with Berthe so I will be able to add pictures to my blog. You will see pictures of things that I talked about in my previous blogs. 9 more days and the 8 a 8 will reopen under a new name. I hope I'm invited to their grand opening. Very excited.
Sad news, we lost a sheep Saturday. It was on my watch too. It choked. One minute it was standing and then the next minute...it wasn't. When I called the shepherd man, he said that sometimes when they get old, they eat too much grass and they choke. So I decided, I am no longer eating salad. On a brighter side, we have 40 sheep that are pregnant. I might be an aunt or an uncle, depending on what they have. I might be both. I might even be a mid-wife. Ah the opportunities that I have here. It never ends.
Christi and I are having a halloween party at my place. Not sure what I'll dress up as. Might use my curtain as a cape or something. Who knows. OK, I'm letting the curtain thing go. I will not speak of them anymore.
So goodnight all. Thanks for reading and talk to you soon.
Fourreau?? I'm thinking it is a typo. But wait, I'll check in the dictionary.
ReplyDeleteWhat do ya know, it is a word!
fourreau: n.m. 1. Gaine, étui allongé servant d'enveloppe à un objet de même forme. 2. Robe ajustée de forme étroite.
Was the chicken in some type of bag/package? That might explain it.
Sounds like quite the Thanksgiving dinner. Glad you were invited.
Talked to Berthe on Friday evening, before she left. Hope you guys have a great time together.
News: baby #3 on the way!!