Yesterday I lost half of my voice and today pretty well the other half. My throat infection came back but this time with a vengence. I woke up at 3:30 in the morning trying to breath because my throat was so dry. Here I was running through the apt looking for a losange or something. Only thing I could find was tums. Now tell me that's nice and juicy....NOT. I finally found a halls. Then while I was up I figured, why not call somebody. The time difference is good at that time of the morning. So I called my sister, she laughed at my voice or lack of, then I called Allen and he was no better then Kevin said, what are you still doing up.
Went to work today with this squeaky voice but made it through the day. After work, my throat was getting worse so I came home and decided well I better go to outpatient. I just had strepthroat 2 weeks ago. So I walked to the hospital and when I got there, the lady said, do you have a doctor. I said no. Well you need a doctor. OK, I did not get the memo about NOT GOING TO EMERGENCY UNLESS YOU'RE HALF DEAD because they really don't want to see you there. I said well I don't have one but could I see a doctor here. Name please. I said Louise and she said, can you spell it. I said L O U I S E and then she said, can you write it. I didn't think Louise was that hard to write but whatever. She said, it's going to be awhile. I didn't have anything better to do so might as well hang out here. She told me where to go. I wanted to tell her where to go too, but I refrained myself. I get into the waiting room and there's 5 people. Obviously, they have never been to Emergency where I'm from. After about one hour, they call my name. They show me to a room and Dr. I DON'T HAVE ANY PERSONALITY comes in. She says, do you have a doctor. Oh no, are we going to go through this again. I said no. Well you need to find one because you don't come to emergency for things like that. The office doctor can treat you for this. What's the problem she says. I tell her my story and out of obligation I think, she looks in my mouth. Oh yes, you have an infection. Thank you Dr. Jeckell. Then she says, do you always talk like this. I said no, usually I have a voice and out of nowhere she says, well I don't know you and I don't know if you always talk like this. OK well she is not getting me as a friend. She asked if I was on any medication so I told her and she says, are you anxious. I wanted to say, yes, anxious to get out of here. I really feel the love. Well she tells me for the 10th time, you really need to get a doctor. I will prescribe you something for this time, but make sure you find a doctor. I don't believe she would have won for Miss Congeniality. I told her that I was very sorry for coming to Emergency, that I didn't know the process and I will look into getting myself a doctor. I walked out of there with 2 prescriptions and came back home. So note to self: unless you're bleeding to death or break anything, do NOT go to emergency. Needless to say, I didn't make any friends in the waiting area either. Actually, the people there looked better than me except for the guy that cut his thumb. Looked pretty bad. So if you have strepthroat in France, do NOT go to Emerg. Get a doctor. You learn something every day. It's all part of living the life.
Tomorrow I am off so will go get my prescriptions and will take it easy. Might just come back home, put my PJ's on and watch a movie. Can't eat popcicles, I don't have a freezer.
Oh Louise! Hope you have your meds and taken some by the time you read this. Not much fun being sick. Quite the episode at the ER. Obviously not a place you want to go back again. The 'docteur' sounds very unsympathetic! What a jerk!
ReplyDeleteAs you probably know, we are having a nor'easter tonight and tomorrow, with lots of rain and high winds, and a big storm surge! It will probably be a good day to just stay home bake some bread, make an apple pie, etc. I just hope the power does not go out.
Will try and connect with Allen at the Merchantman, before he heads back to Alberta.
What have you done to your blog? The background is neat/cool. It stays put while your post moves. Has it always been like that? I just never noticed until just now.
Hope you feel better very soon. Miss you. L & G
hi, always nice to hear from you. No it's a new backgroud thatI install. You know me, I push buttoms here and there and this happens but if I should try to do it again, not sure I would know. Going to get my meds here, and find a doctor. She should work in the middle of the woods where nobody sees her.
ReplyDeleteAllen would be glad to go to the Merchantpub. Got my Christmas vacation approved for Dec 31 to Jan 1. Pretty cool.
I hope you mean Dec 13 to Jan 1 for your Xmas vacation because from Dec 31 to Jan 1 that's only one day according to my calendar!
ReplyDeleteHope the meds are taking effect and you're feeling better. My cold is now moved down to the coughing stage! Glad I never smoked because I would sound awful! I'm afraid Philippe is feeling a bit under the weather today with a sore throat and sinus congestion! You know what that means: "un rhume d'homme"! It is not going to be pleasant! I don't mean for him! Where is Nurse Ratchit when you need her? In France I guess"
Love you,
Becky