Sunday, 30 October 2011

Chapter 2 - visiting Nuremberg

Sorry I'm late with blogging but with company and getting ready for Halloween, it's been a challenge. 
Our second day in Nuremberg was quite an event. We left to go visit the city and of course, got lost. I knew that the market was within the walls of the city, but I just didn't know the name of the market. I thought there was only one but apparently not. I saw GrosMarket so I said, ah it's this way. It wasn't. Not surprising. We finally found the City Centre, with no help of mine and then we found a parking. We walked, we visited, we bought. We found a nice little pub for lunch. When it was time to leave, we somehow took a wrong turn outside the parking lot and there we were, right in the middle of the pedestrian streets where we had just spent 4 - 5 hours walking. OK before I go any further.  I was not driving.  It was Claire.  She did it.  OK, with that off my chest, I will continue.  It didn't take us long to figure out that we weren't allowed there but we couldn't get out. Pillars on one side, stairs on the other side, huge flower baskets at the end. We had no way out. People were taking pictures of us.  Claire ended up driving in-between cement blocks on a hill right beside the castle and just in front of the pub we had had lunch. It was not good. We were stuck. Berthe had to get out of the car to direct Claire in backing up and I was hiding in the back seat. I couldn't be seen and end up in the newspaper. I have a reputation to keep. More pictures were taken.  A man finally said, go through the big wooden flower pots.  They were placed in zig-zag so there goes Claire and we got out.  Must say, her and Berthe are very good drivers even without a map or GPS. 

Next day we decided not to venture too far so we stayed in the village.  Now it's not a big village but walking around, we always ended up at the shoe shop.  Berthe and Claire still don't think I know my way around.  I beg to differ.  I was training them on how to always have a focus point, like the shoe store.  As long as you can find it, you can get back to Claudia and Werner.  In the evening we went out for supper with all of  MY  FRIENDS.  Margit and Gerhard joined us.  It was a great time.  I even got an invitation to Gerhard's art show.  Oh yes, he's an artist.  I know important people. 

Next day, we left to come back to Arras.  For some reason I had allergies so Berthe gave my 1/2 of a benadryl.  Within 20 minutes, I was sleeping with my scarf over my head like an old lady.  Yes picture it, it's OK.  Well let me tell you who got lost while I was having my beauty sleep.  It was the blind leading the blind.  They said they had made an executive decision while I was sleeping and went another way.  NOT TRUE.  They were lost.  They kept missing the exists.  Ah looks good on them.  However, twice they pulled into a garage to ask for directions.  Check this out.  They would both get out of the car, lock me in the car with my scarf over my head plus two branches that we found at Claudia's for my halloween party.  They took pictures of me and took my pulse to make sure I was still alive.  And they call themselves friends.  I'm not convince it was a benadryl.  I think they druged me so I wouldn't get them lost again but they managed to do that themselves.  TWELVE hours later, we made it home via Belgium.

Claire and Berthe went to Paris on Saturday and Sunday by train.  I had to show them how to get the tickets, where to go.  Good thing I'm living like a local and know these things.  Saturday evening I went to see Christi at the gala.  She takes ballet and you can tell that she loves it.  She dances very well.  I kept telling André, ah I used to be able to do moves like that.  Yep, in my younger days.  Now I sit on the floor and I can't get up.  I'm sure alot of you can relate.

Well week 2 with the girls was just as much fun as week 1.  Claire fell off the bed.  Not sure if it's the wine or just because she miscalculated her move.  We went to Ypres and Brussels in Belgium.  They brought Christi with them to Bruges.  They even brought Tom.  They got to really like Tom.  Tom even came with us to Amiens but finally on Thursday, he had to go.  Back in the box.  It's Christi and Andre's GPS.  I don't need a Tom, I know where's I'm going, sometimes.

The girls are gone and I miss them.  It sure was nice having them.  At least I wasn't drinking alone.  Just to point out,  I just have one glass but I can't say the same about them.  They were a bad influence on me.  On my laptop I have a calendar and somehow, they wrote little messages on different dates and every day something pops up, like Friday it said, Berthe and Claire are gone.  Today it was, ah missing Berthe and Claire.  They are quite the pair.

Well enough said for one night.  Now that I am alone and back into my routine, you will see lots more blogs.  Next visit is Allen and Natasha.  They'll be here in 2 weeks.  Ah the joy of living in France.  People come and visit.

Expect pictures tomorrow.  My laptop's working and Bird is hot for blogging.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! we missed your updates. Sounds like great fun with Claire and Berthe despite the benadryl and scarf coverup!
    hope we can Skype soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you back on-line. Missed you much much!!! Ah, the adventures continue! What will it be next with Allen and Natasha, who knows!! Good night.

    ReplyDelete