Monday, 29 August 2011

you're going to love this one...

Today I was at work, enjoying it as I always do and helping out. So I'm standing at the Entry of the site and people come in, so I greet them. A visitor starts talking to me and says, oh are you a mature student. I thought they were all young students. OK you can stop laughing now...I had to laugh myself. So I thought I would share that with you because I found it so funny.

I'm living over the edge a bit. Last week we had a meshoui and I ate lamb for the first time. I will never look at another sheep the same way. Good thing it wasn't a sheep that I had named. Yesterday I went to the Andouillette Festival at La Place des Heros with Christi. Well those sausages are the ugliest looking thing I ever saw in my life. I had a hard time walking by people that were eating them. UGLY. We had an oversize sandwich and fries instead. You can never go wrong with fries. Arras has the best fries ever. It was quite cold so we went to get a hot chocolate and it was the best ever. There's a lot of best ever here in France.

Saturday I got my hair cut. Before I had a chance to tell the hairdresser what I wanted, chop there goes the hair. It was too late. Christi came to my place and the first thing I said was, don't laugh at my hair. She is too sweet to say anything bad or laugh. She would be the version of Becky at work. No not you Becky my sister-in-law, although you are nice too.

Reboot Bill fixed my laptop. I am hoping to get it when Berthe and her sister come in October. Then I will be able to add pictures. I'm getting quite a collection. Allen is NOT ALLOWED (I hope you're reading this) to touch my computer again....ever..

I'm hoping to cat sit again. I bought a nice basket for Miss Zina for her next sleep-over. I'm hoping that her mother (that is so nice, beautiful, friendly etc..etc. will let me.) I talked to Minime on Skype last week. She didn't have much to say, just that I looked good. Talked to Philippe and Becky (yes you Becky) yesterday. Retirement seem to agree with them. I'm not ready yet. Time is going fast here and I don't like it. I'm enjoying the life and work a lot. Tonight I didn't want to over do it, so I just did half the dishes. I'll do the other half tomorrow. As you know, doing dishes relaxes me so I don't want to do it all at once. I got a wooden dish whatever thingy yesterday. Where you put your dishes to dry. Compliment of Andre and Christi. Thank you, you're great friends. They always walk me home at night if we go out. I think it's because they like being with me so much that it's hard to let me go. Well that's what I'm believing it is.

Marla is cool, it's always nice hearing from you and Gladys, I enjoyed our conversation on the phone. You're sweet too. Well it's 9:50 and I am determine to get to bed early tonight. My last visitor left this morning. Those young people, they know how to win my heart. It's, be nice to Louise and she'll let you leave your suitcases at her place while you travel and if you're extra nice to her, she will let you stay overnight in her guest room. Ya, 4 of them but I enjoyed the company. Good thing it wasn't all at the same time. So Loulou's Bed and Breakfast is closed for the season.

On that note, miss you all. Hi Corinne, Rachelle, Helene my cousin, Bonnie, Joanne my cousin and the other Johanne, Binky, Therese, Alanna. You told me you like seeing your names on my blog. Thanks for your love and support. Wish you could all see and feel what I feel.

1 comment:

  1. Being considered a mature student isn't so bad Loulou! Glad to see you are living on the edge with new culinary experiences! Your allergies must not be affecting you so much in France ;)

    until the next time,
    love you

    ReplyDelete