Back by popular demand, I'm back. I would like to thank everyone that emailed me wondering where my blog was. It warms my heart to know that so many of you read it, followed it and enjoyed it. I was having problems with my IPAD and my blog disappeared, so this is a new blog, so sit down, relax and enjoy. Bird is back in town.
Well where do I start. I'm having a great time, still not driving standard but I'm driving. I am registered for driving lessons on my next days off that falls on Tuesday or Wednesday. The woman said, Madame, nobody is too old to learn how to drive standard. Obviously, she hasn't gotten into the car yet. However, I will do it and I will be proud. I thought I had lots of friends here because when driving, lots of people honk the horns, so I wave but they don't wave back. Actually, their hands are in the air doing all sorts of gestures but I really don't think it's a good sign. I must say that I enjoy driving here. The roundabouts, I mean the hundreds of them, I do them quite well. When I go back to Charlottetown, I'll show them what a real roundabout is.
I'm getting mail, cards and even a care package from Lise. Can't wait. I'm sure it's going to be something good. Lise took pity on Kevin and made him shepherd pie and curried chicken. The poor boy has to eat.
Last week there was an huge flea market and I went with Christi and we had to make 2 trips. However, I do have connections, it's a gift I have. The owner of the hotel I stayed at when I arrived is also the owner of a pub in La Place des Heros and he let us leave things in his pub while we continued shopping. And you think I have no friends. I know people in the right places. I don't think it's a good idea for us to be left alone shopping. We encourage one another in buying stuff but we had fun. We were there from 11:00 to 6:00, now that's shopping
Now for the piece de resistance, 2 weeks ago I babysat Zina the cat for 4 days. She is a siberian pure. We got along great. She loved my pillars and my stairs and best of all she slept with me, at my head or beside me. Lets just say that it's a good thing cats don't talk but she looked pretty cute with the little sailor hat I made her. No animal or human were hurt during this process. Zina's mother, who is just waiting for me to say that she is pretty was kind enough to let me babysit her. Hopefully I will again. I am planning on more outfits.
Tomorrow is the Festival de l'andouillette. I believe the festival is for me because you all know that before I became a Webster, I was a Douillette, so I figure that's close enough so it must be for me. I guess it's like an ugly sausage which I certainly won't even look at or let alone taste it. I'll stick to bread and wine. In 2 weeks, Mirjam from Germany is coming for a week before she starts university. I'm going to Paris to get her (by train). Like who does that, going to Paris. Ha, the joy of living in France. Then in October, Berthe and her sister are coming, then November Allen and Natasha are coming. No Allen I will not make you work this time. My time here is going by too fast. In the 2 1/2 months I've been here, I just had one melt down. I think that's pretty darn good. Thank you to the people that helped me through it, you all know who you are.
Here in France, people put out their sheets or duvets outside their windows so after I came back from shopping, I figured well when in France, do like the Frenchman, so out goes the sheets for a nice fresh smell.....nobody told me to watch for the birds. Not impressed. I think I'll stick to the Canadian way, the dryer.
I could go on and on but I will finish for tonight. So thank you all for reading me and believing in me. Wish you could all experience what I'm experiencing (is that a word) here. I miss you Diane and the dust bunnies miss you too.
Enfin! Te voilà de retour! Toujours un grand plaisir de te lire!
ReplyDeletemerci pour les dernières nouvelles Louise. Ça va être plaisant de voir Mirjam. Amusez-vous bien. Il semble que ton auberge se rempli pas mal cet automne. J'espère un jour que nous serons parmi les visiteurs.
ReplyDeleteà bientôt,
Becky