Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Enough of this heat...

All summer here in France, the weather has been terrible.  Lots of rain, wind.  Just not the summers that they usually get.  So I go home to Charlottetown and it's very hot.  I don't do well in heat.  OK I don't think you can say it that way.  I will rephrase, I don't do well in hot weather.   So it's been hot in Charlottetown all summer apparently.  I get back to France and what do we have since I'm back.  HEAT!!!  It was 38 Sunday and that is in the shade.  Talking about shade, I didn't read 50 shades of grey but I guess it's very popular.  Coming back to the heat.  How is one suppose to survive in this weather.  I've done every meat section in the grocery stores.  Pretty soon I'll have dogs following me because I smell like meat.  Next stop is in the frozen section of the stores.  Frozen fries, watch out.

Well another session has started.  The Summer guides are gone and the Fall guides are here.  I get attach to the little rascals.  This session, I am going to be mean.  No more M & M's (yes I fed them M & M's) and I did buy them erasable pens before they left but NO MORE.  They are not going to crack me.

I'm taking care of Bob and he loves it.  We have our little routine.  As soon as I put the key in the door, there he is.  I think however that he is getting the best end of the deal.  I pick him up and lay on the couch (yes boss, with my shoes) and I pet him.  He lies down on me and purrs.  I take pictures and send them to his mother.  I think Bob likes me more.  Then after about 45 minutes, I get up and off he goes.  I change his litter, feed him, give him treats, water and what do I get, cat hair on my uniform.  Well if I don't represent Canada well because of cat hair, NOT MY PROBLEM.  Bob is Bob.  He's a good cat and very pretty.  I wonder how Princess Zina is make out without me.  I'll see her at Christmas.

André and Christi were gone for a whole week, without me.  Poor Christi.  I was left in charge of watering her plants and I couldn't get in the apartment.  I think that they all died.  I could see them from the street but couldn't do anything,  I really don't have a good reputation when it comes to plants.  I kind of forget about them.  Mine died too.  I should go plastic.

I bought my first flat shoes.  Now I know why they call them flats.  They are flat.  I was so excited.  I had seen them in the window so the next day I go but it was pretty well closing time.  Door was still open so I went in.  So I asked for the shoes and like everyone else, when it's near closing time, they don't like to see clients.  She grabs the shoe in the window and goes to get the matching one.  I tried them, liked them and bought them.  I told her, oh I'll wear them now.   I walked out and they locked the door.  I was going out for supper with André and Christi so I had to look my best.  Christi always looks good and she has nice flats.  I'm walking to the restaurant and looking at my feet all proud and what do I notice, NOT THE SAME COLOR.  One was quite a bit lighter.  Hey, if I just have one eye and can notice it, it had to be bad.  I walk back to the store and of course it is locked.  The girls were still in there so I knock on the door.  One girl looks at me and points to her watch.  Well, insulted was I.  I pointed to my shoes.  She comes to the door and says, Nous sommes fermés Madame.  Well I'll madame you.  I said, mes souliers ne sont pas la même couleur.  She looks down and opens the door.  Ha, c'est vrai.  Yes, it's true.  Now what was your first clue!!!  Is it that one beige is lighter than the other one or is it because one beige is darker than the other one.  Take your pick.  Anyway, they finally gave me two matching ones and I left, very happy.  Another satisfied customer.  Now I feel like everyone else.  I have flats.

Madame Louise is doing well.  She is getting plumper.  Is that a word.  She is not fat.  Maybe big boned but not fat.  She is getting a new bell this week.  She lost the other one crawling under the fence.  Monsieur the shepherd man is not happy with her.  I keep telling him, it's not her fault.  She is hanging with the wrong gang.    Tomorrow I'm going to get her a real collar.  She was mowed this month.  Do sheep get mowed, anyway I kind of didn't recognize her.  I think that they mowed the black spots.  She was black and white and now she looks all white.  They all look the same to me.  I am not a good mother.  I should recognize my sheep.

Well it's been alot of work these last few weeks.   I am off the next 2 days and I am not doing much.  I should really clean my apartment, if I find the energy.  I feel like I should be doing things, visiting places on my days off but I just can't.  I need to rest.  Might sit at a café and just watch people.  Lots of tourists around.  This week-end is Le festival de l'andouillette.  Gag me with a spoon. Those andouillette look gross. I will not taste any of that.  Last year Christi and I went to le festival.  Maybe she'll want to go back this year.  Fingers crossed.

Time to call it a night.  Next blog will be about who I dedicate my 2nd year to.

1 comment:

  1. Just got back from Victoria. Catching up with your blog. Clarification: sheep are sheared, not mowed! What's with going to Caen? Will Facetime when you are back. Hope you had a good trip, without incident (I did not say accident!), but 'incident' seems to be your middle name! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete