Saturday, 14 July 2012

I got more presents...

Thursday I went to the supermarket.  It was one that I had been maybe once before, if that.  I take a cart and I'm trying to rush my way through all the aisles and this lady kept being in my way, talking on her cell phone.  Finally I got ahead of her but then we kept meeting at the end of each aisle.  Well, I made a detour (oh I must tell you that story too about the Detour), and I took the corner a little too fast and sharp.  On my turn, I ran into....wait for it.....wait for it...a shelf full of toilet paper.  Bam, right into it and down it came.  Holy Gee (gee not really the word that I want to use).  I got down and started to pick them up.  They were all pink. I never want to see another roll of pink toilet paper.  Funny because I always wanted to stack shelves.  It always looked fun.  Not anymore.  Not going back to that store.

André and Christi were gone but now they are back.  They should not be allowed to leave without me.  I have no life when they're not here.  Last night they invited me for supper.  So this is how much control I have.  I'm so tough.  André:  Louise, we want you to come to supper at our house.  Louise:  ah no André, I can't do that.  André:  Yes, you're coming.  Louise:  OK.  I'm a wimp.  But Ontario Louise was there and the other Ontario Louise was there and now I was going to be there.  3 Louises.  Ontario Louise No. 1 is André's mother, Ontario Louise No. 2 is André's aunt.  So many Louises.  What are the odds.  So André says:  Louise do you want anything to drink.  All the Louise's turned around but André was looking at me.  Like do I really look like a soak.  Anyway, supper was great and I had another out of body experience.     There was a gift wrapped for me and I had to unwrapped it.  It's as if I'm possessed.  They had cake too.  Check this out.



The little cat key thingy are so cute.  I have 6 and I really wanted a tray and now I have one.  Christi knows my taste.  Look at the cakes.  So mignon, but I had to share.  What's with the sharing thing.  It's my birthday.



Other cool gifts I got are when my cousin Joanne and ma tante Pierrette were here.  I'm spoiled.  I have a mind of a kid in an old person's body.


I use my place setting every day.

Last night my niece Shannon got married in Florida.  I was able to watch it live via Ustream.  I felt like I was there but just didn't have the food.  They didn't feed me.  They ate in front of me and would come to the camera and show the food but I couldn't have any.  The wedding started at 10:30 France time and it went on until 2:30.  They look so happy and I am so proud of her.  Diane my sister, Kenny and Scott were there and they looked dashing.  Can I use dashing as a word.   So I am sitting in front of my computer, talking to Philippe and Becky on Skype and we are watching Shannon get married together.  Technology is something else.

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go.  Flying home tomorrow.  It's going to be a long day but a fun day. I'll get to see Isabelle and company plus my cousin Helene and my aunt Pierrette as I have about a 6 hour wait in Montreal so guess who's going to St Hubert BBQ...yours truly.

I'm leaving you with one more picture.  I was coming home from the movies last week and in a little alley way, mama cat and baby cat were there.  They reminded me of Minime who I'll be seeing soon.  She'll pretend like she doesn't want me but it doesn't take her long, 5 minutes and she won't leave me alone.  I'll see Princess Zina too.

So goodnight.  Melissa and Greg told me not to miss my train or plane because they are not here to help me this time as they did at Christmas.  I should be OK.  I have the taxi booked for tomorrow morning to get to the train station.  This broad is not walking anywhere.  I am looking forward to seeing Kevin.  He will pick me up at the airport.  First thing out of his mouth will be, I'm hungry, what's for supper and what did you bring me.  Kids, you gotta love them.  See you all in Charlottetown and Campbellton.  Home sweet home.



2 comments:

  1. Safe travels home Louise. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that you had a safe flight home! Will talk to you at your birthday! :-) love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete