IT'S OFFICIAL. I will be staying another year. I am very excited. Although time flies here, I must admit that I did find the time long from New Years to now. I'm thinking that it's the weather and after seeing my friends at home during the holidays, it was kind of hard. Today finally the weather is much nicer and the days are longer so I am putting that month and a half behind me and starting fresh.
Last Saturday after work I decided that I would go do groceries at Leclerc. I figured that I would take a short cut. I've been here long enough, I know my way around.....NOT...I got lost. I know what you are all saying: DO NOT TRAVEL WITH LOUISE. I ended up, well I really don't know where I ended up but I saw a big grocery store with all sorts of little outlets stores in the parking lot. Did I really care about being lost....answer is NO. I went into this nice little store and bought a 4 tier shelf with wicker baskets. When I was paying for it, the guy said, Madame if it doesn't suit, you can bring it back. I said Monsieur, I doubt very much that I will be bringing it back because I have no clue where I am and I am sure that I will never be able to find this place again, so I will keep it. After grocery shopping, I tried to find my way back. Went around the round-about 3 times because I didn't know what exit to take. One sign said the A1 and another St-Quentin. I played it by ear and took another one. Would you believe that I made it home.
I have all my tickets for Nuremburg. Train, plane and feet. I am leaving Saturday. I am looking forward to seeing everyone and spending time with Claudia, Werner, Mirjam, Johannes, Oma and Dominik. Claudia, I sent you an email at supper time but I saw that you called but I just got home and it's too late to call. I will call you tomorrow.
Well with my staying another year, Diane will absolutely have to come and visit. We all know why she will be coming. I wonder if she will make new friends. I will have to bring her to Karaoke. I am hoping to see THE REST OF MY FAMILY, maybe if I write it big enough he will get the hint.
Lise and Gordon are arriving soon. I believe she made me curtains and has some goodies for me. It sure will be nice to have them here. I hope you like the place. I am also hoping that my German family will come and visit...hint, hint.
Well this is the news that I wanted to share with you. I have wanted to share it with everyone for awhile but I was waiting until it was official. Whoever would have thought that I would be staying another year. Life gives you all sorts of challenges and opportunities but it's with the people that believed in me that helped me make up my mind and for this, I thank you. And to the people that I work with here in France, and at Head Office, merci. For all your help and patience, I am forever grateful. André and Christi, you have been there for me from the beginning. You keep inviting me here and there and I really don't know why but I keep going. You are special and I hold a special place in my heart for you. To the guides who have come and gone and those who are here now, if you are reading this, you are the reason I love going to work.
On that note, I am going to bed and wishing you all a great night.
AWESOME!!
ReplyDeleteWooooWoooooo! So glad you get to stay another year. You deserve it and you do need another year to get to know your way around and not get lost so often. Have fun in Germany and say hi to them all for me. C
ReplyDeleteWay to go Louise on another year! Of course we are planning to visit, just not sure when but we're working on it!
ReplyDeleteHave a great time with Claudia, Werner and family. Make sure you have all your travel documents in order for the return trip. ;)
love you.