Follow me while I'm Living my Life in France. My experiences, my fears, my life for the year. Also, read my first blog, Home away from home. That's where it all began...
Friday, 17 February 2012
Lips...
Bo-tox are cheap here in France. Two collegues and I had our lips done and it didn't hurt nor was it expensive. See for yourself and yes they know that they will be on my blog. Isn't that cute. Actually on Valentine's Day I went to the chocolate Store and saw these. I thought they were the cutest things. You can wear them, THEN you can eat them. Ha, who knew that such a thing existed. Why the poor girls let me talk them into doing things like that, I do not know, but hey, it works.
This week the guides told me, Louise, there are spiders in the cabane to which I answered, sucks to be you, I work in the office. Actually, I was very nice about it. I told them that I was very glad that they had told me, I will stay away. If you need something, call André. I am going nowhere close to that cabane. I have to explain the cabane. It's the cutest little house at the Entrée of Beaumont-Hamel Memorial, with nice trees in the back ground which is used to store things. There is a table and chair, a heater, windows and on rainy days or very cold days, the guides can go and warm up and still see if any visitors arrive on site, then they go out and greet them. Get the picture. It kind of looks like Snow White and the Seven little Dwarves house. Well now that I know there are spiders, these guides are on their own.
Continuing on, I cleaned my apartment tonight. Who invented that and why did I learn it. I am mastering the art of putting a duvet into a duvet cover. Not an easy task. I feel kind of like a gynecologist. Men, you will not understand this, so you might as well go directly to the next paragraph but I will explain. I stand there, at the opening of the duvet cover with duvet in hand. I manoeuver the duvet to the right, to the left trying to get the whole darn thing in the cover. I bend down and peek to see if I'm going in the right direction with the duvet, then stand up, push some more to try to flatten it out because now it's all in a ball. Girls, can you relate to this. Anyway by the time I'm done, I've worked up a sweat. To all of you out there that have duvets, this image will stay with you forever.
Since I've been here, I have a very hard time identifying our cars. So Jessica, one of our guides has given me a nice Valentine card with a memory aid of which one is which. To me, a car is a car, they are all white, they have names that I never heard of and they all have Canada written on them. Here is the card that she made for me.
I think that is very sweet of her to do that. She knows how it stresses me out when I don't know what car I'm suppose to be driving.
Last night I told you about the little shelf that I bought, well here it is. I love it.
Well I am leaving in the morning for Germany so I must go and pack my stuff and try to get to bed at a decent time. It probably won't happen but I'll give it a try. Some of you are shaking your heads and saying, oh my, Louise is travelling. I wonder if she's going to make her train and plane. Well I hope so but anything is possible. It's me we're talking about.
Lena, thanks for reading my blog and I said that I would say hi to you. Have a great trip. To a new friend who introduced himself in an email to me today and said that he enjoyed reading it, it touched me. Thank you. Corinne and Philippe, I sent you something in the mail and I hope you get it soon.
Bonsoir, bisous et bons rêves. Hugs and kisses, dreams and wishes.
Talk to you from Germany
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bon voyage! Nice talking to you tonight. It is snowing here.
ReplyDeleteA few tips for your duvet adventures....first lay the cover out flat....then, reach in, grab one of the top corners and shove your first duvet corner in that one....do the same with the other side at the top....grab both top corners of the cover with the duvet corners inside of it and shake the hell out of it....the cover will slip down far enough that you can tuck in the bottom duvet corners to their respective spots....button up/zipup/whatever closing you have on the bottom, then grab the two bottom corners and shake the hell out of that too....it should stay pretty much flat the whole time and your duvet gets a good shake out too :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks Mandy. I knew one the the McDevitt's would know this. Nice to hear from you. I love your posts and I'm bringing your mother to kids stores while she is here. So many nice stuff....and for little girls too.
ReplyDeleteHave a great time in Germany, Loulou! Please give my love to Claudia... I think of her often and hope to see her again one day. xoxo
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a great time in Germany! Congrats on staying in Arras...Lucky you!
ReplyDelete