Wednesday, 8 February 2012

I can't believe it's been this long

Time flies here.  I was just looking at the last time I blogged and it was Feb 1.  Wow!!! So what has happened since my last blog.  Well I finally found a doctor.  As you know, I can't go to Emergency unless there's blood.  So last Thursday I called the doctor's office and HE answered.  Who does that.  I don't know of any doctor that answers his own phone.  I asked for an appointment and he said, yes, can you come this afternoon.  It takes at least a week in Charlottetown to get to see your doctor.  I was shocked so I said NO.  My brain needed time to process this.  Then he said well tomorrow which was last Friday, in case you are not following my story and are all mixed up with the time.  I tend to jump from time to time.  Anyway, I said OK Friday, so I went and he has no receptionist.  He is all by himself.  I sat and waited, alone in the waiting room.  Not a soul to be found.  Then he appeared and he was very nice.  He asked why I needed a doctor and I told him my story about going to Emergency and he said, ah madame, non.  Vous devez venir au bureau.  No, you have to come to the doctor's office.  OK, well we have already established that with half of France.  I know now.  It will not happen again.

Yesterday and today were my days off so I went shopping for new shoes.  Yesterday was the shoes and today was the vacuum.  Here's a picture of my new shoes.  I will NOT be going in any battlefields with these.
Got a good sale on them.


  Where is Diane when I need her.  Spring is almost here and I need my spring cleaning done.  Diane was with me when I signed the lease and I was sure there was a paragraph in there that said:  Diane will come twice a year to do the cleaning of apartment.  She will be entitled to stay FREE OF CHARGE in said apartment.  Still waiting Diane.  To make it easy on her, today I bought a vacuum.   Here's a few pictures of the little darling.



Oh I must be getting pretty desperate on writing things on my blog.  When it comes to me putting pictures of a vacuum cleaner, it's time for better pills.  As you know, I do not have a car so I take the bus.  I know the schedules by heart.  I'm getting pretty accustomed to the way of life here without a car.  So I go this afternoon and I bought this nice, cute, burgundy vacuum.  It's not my Dyson from home but it will serve the purpose.  For some reason they put this cute little thing in a big box.  So knowing that I have to take the bus back, I asked if they had a big bag to make it easier to carry it.  The lady looked at me pretty funny.  She said, ah bien, ah non.  Nous en avons pas.  Well it's France, you never know.  They have big baguettes and big celery.  I was going to ask her if she could put a rope around the box so it would be easier to carry, but nope,  nothing.  I was going to carry that from the store to the bus stop which is still a little way's away.   The box went just below my nose when I was carrying it.  Oh and before you ask, no there were no handles on the sides of the box like you see on many boxes.  So off I go with my box.   Gee the word box is mentioned alot in these few sentences.  Anyway moving right along, I had to stop 5 times, twice on park benches and three times, just to rest.  Finally I made it to the bus stop.   Here comes the bus.  I found 2 seats, one for me and one for my box.  I wasn't making eye contact with anyone in case I needed to give my seat to somebody.  I made it home.  Of course I have 4 doors, 2 sets of stairs to get to my apartment.  This guy was outside and he opened the first door for me and said, ah vous avez une grosse boite, oh you have a big box.  Really, what was your first clue.  Is it the fact that I can't see anything in front of me or is it that I have to get in the door sideways.  I got up and took it out of the box and there was more cardboard, bubble wrap in there than needed.  That box could have been half the size.  All in all, I am very happy with it.  I works well and I think that Diane will love it.

Talking about big things here in France.  I bought celery on Monday and it was so big that it wouldn't fit in my fridge.  See for yourself.  I wonder how many comments I am going to have regarding the wine and the beer in this picture.


Well it is 10:30 pm.  Time for bed.  Tomorrow it's a new day, new adventures.  Talk to you soon.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Diane,
    I'm impressed that the wine bottles are full. That's a good sign. I was telling Andre that you had not blogged in a while. Andre & Christi are well...Happy to have them home. All is well with Dustin, too. Cheers, Louise & Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's been some time. I miss André and Christi and they are my inspiration. Your son doesn't want to go to Karaoke. Do you think that he is ashamed. ha ha. Glad to hear that Dustin is doing well. I am sure that it is a relief for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, another way to get your vacuum home could have been to take it out the box and wheel it home pulling it by the hose. On the other hand, you could have been arrested for pulling a hose without a proper license. We know they have special rules in France!

    hope you have a better sleep tonight Loulou. Thanks for the call earlier. You make me laugh which is a good thing!

    Love you,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes people walk their dogs, I could have walked my vacuum but it is pretty sensitive here in France if they see you pulling a hose without license. You are right Becky. It was nice talking to you also.

    ReplyDelete